Preference Question (1 Viewer)

Dimorphic

HSC
I have no preference changes left (I can pay for more though) and my third preference is now the course that I want to do.

My top 3 preferences were Bachelor of Journalism @ Griffith that has a UAI cut-off of 80, Bachelor of Communications @ Griffith with a cut-off of 75 and Bachelor of Business @ SCU with a cut-off of 62 (which has apparently gone up to 65), my UAI was 72.45.

Dimorphic

HSC
LottoX said:
If I really wanted the 3rd one, I'd pay the 100 or so dollars to change my preferences jsut to be safe.
$100? It is only $13 over the net but I think the QTAC preference changes are closed I think.

Dimorphic

HSC
webby234 said:
OK - well if the UAI cutoffs for those courses remain the same then you will be offered a place in your third preference anyway.

You can not change your preferences at the moment - the change of preferences for main round are closed. From the 17th January (when we get main round offers) to the 22nd January you can change your preferences (no charge) for the late round.

The payment thing only applies to people who haven't applied at all yet and they won't be considered for the main round anyway.

EDIT: QTAC? Aren't those unis NSW ones?
Southern Cross Tweed is but you can apply through QTAC. Griffith Gold Coast in in QLD.

So on the 11th there will only be one offer, that being my highest preference that I qualify for?

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
One CSP and one DFEE offer as a maximum per round.

Dimorphic

HSC
webby234 said:
Ah right - well under the NSW system, yes that would be the case. From looking at the QTAC website it appears that it's the same

So choose option 7 if you're offered a place in one of your first two.

And it also says the due date for change of preferences for consideration in the January round was the 3rd. So you might just have to change them after the 11th and hope you get in then.

But looking at the UAIs it would appear you'll get offered the 3rd preference anyway as your uai isn't high enough for your other courses.
Thanks webby, you have been a big help. I am just gonna hope that the cut-offdoes not lower for my 2nd choice, but if it does I will choose option 7.

Cheers again mate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)