Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
just curious what do you learn in yr 9? The teacher skipped like 70% yr9 work to do yr 10 work which also skipped like 30%
My teacher who i had for year 9 and 10 is the same teacher i have for 2u and 3u and she had basically structured it so that we got exposed to the 2u stuff beforehand and so we were at a mad advantage this year.
In year 9 it was just like equations (simultaneous and multi-step), geometry, quadratics, trig and all this other stuff. But i may have over simplified cause i went tutor as well so everything at school was a repeat.

On a slight tangent, youtube comments are possibly the most frustrating and mind numbing things in the world. Some of the shit them minecraft twelvies say is just...can't even describe it :newburn:

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
My teacher who i had for year 9 and 10 is the same teacher i have for 2u and 3u and she had basically structured it so that we got exposed to the 2u stuff beforehand and so we were at a mad advantage this year.
In year 9 it was just like equations (simultaneous and multi-step), geometry, quadratics, trig and all this other stuff. But i may have over simplified cause i went tutor as well so everything at school was a repeat.

On a slight tangent, youtube comments are possibly the most frustrating and mind numbing things in the world. Some of the shit them minecraft twelvies say is just...can't even describe it :newburn:
remember back when pewdipie had comments, my eyes bled blood from reading those dumbass comments.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Went to bed at 10 so i could wake up at 5 to study. My alarm went off this morning and i was like 'who the feck was the idiot that did this?' And threw my phone in the hallway.
gg

mayngo

HSC
lol i fked up my maths prelims but whatever, it's not going towards anything important : )

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
It's year 11 calm down, if it was year 12 then I'd be worried

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Nope, but 2u prelim should be easy. Legit, nothing in the course is even remotely challenging. Half of it was done in like year 9 and 10
Funnily enough, I actually had a higher rank for 3U (and in general, got better marks) than in 2U back in Year 11.

I think even when I was doing 4U in Year 12, there were 2U questions that could stump me.

;) A worthy brag in my opinion, after 4 weeks of hardcore cramming. How was your Maths trials? I just know some people asked, but they probably don't care now!
4 weeks is definitely not cramming. :p

Like 2 weeks before is already the 'recommended' by teachers for example.

Cramming would be like a few days.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Funnily enough, I actually had a higher rank for 3U (and in general, got better marks) than in 2U back in Year 11.

I think even when I was doing 4U in Year 12, there were 2U questions that could stump me.

4 weeks is definitely not cramming. :p

Like 2 weeks before is already the 'recommended' by teachers for example.

Cramming would be like a few days.
Well i guess ill be "cramming" for business prelims

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I have an idea. How about we start studying for prelims together, so we will ask qu. about any subject and the rest of us can answer if we can. Whoever answers the qu. has to post the next qu. Its kinda like the marathons on the other threads except with prelims and all topics

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Ill start. How do we decrease power loss across power lines from transmission stations? (Phys)

Dont cheat and google. Use your head XD

Chris_S

HSC
Good luck for your prelims everyone! You will all ace them :)

Ambility

HSC
Ill start. How do we decrease power loss across power lines from transmission stations? (Phys)

Dont cheat and google. Use your head XD
Power loss can be mitigated through the use of AC transformers. Transformers can decrease the current while increasing the potential difference to keep power constant (). Less current means less energy lost in heat which means a decrease in power loss. When higher currents are needed closer to the consumer, another transformer can be used to increase current while decreasing the potential difference.

Anything else?

Next question (chemistry):

The overall process for the production of metallic Copper from Chalcopyrite, is summarized by the equation:

Calculate the mass of Copper which could be extracted from 1 tonne (1000kg) of pure Chalcopyrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)