prelim legal introduction help (1 Viewer)

gc653

HSC
Hi everyone

I have to complete an essay response due in a week answering this question

"Analyse the advantages and disadvantages of common and statute law"

Can someone please write an example on how I should answer the question directly for the starting sentence. I struggling to write a consciese and strong starting sentence. And please no sentences with "There are many adv and disadv between common and statute law"

Thank you :)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
advantage of statute law: can be changed to reflect societies' contemporary values

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
There are distinct differences between common law and statue law; as such X Y Z

gc653

HSC
I wrote two possible starting sentences for my introduction.
1. which sentence should I use? Any edits will be appreciated
2. If both happen to be crappy, I would really appreciate it if edits can be made on the preferential sentence.

Within Australia’s legal system, common law can be contrasted with Statue Laws through its distinct advantages and disadvantage, such as its advantage on allowing for a quick and efficient change in laws compared to the parliament’s process of drafting, debating and passing the relevant legislation.
Or
Through its advantages and disadvantages, common law, (a system involving a balance of responsibility between legislature and judiciary laws) can be contrasted with Statute law (a system solely involving the contribution of state and federal parliaments in legislating acts), which happen to dominate much of Australia’s legal system.

Thank you

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
I wrote two possible starting sentences for my introduction.
1. which sentence should I use? Any edits will be appreciated
2. If both happen to be crappy, I would really appreciate it if edits can be made on the preferential sentence.

Within Australia’s legal system, common law can be contrasted with Statue Laws through its distinct advantages and disadvantage, such as its advantage on allowing for a quick and efficient change in laws compared to the parliament’s process of drafting, debating and passing the relevant legislation.
Or
Through its advantages and disadvantages, common law, (a system involving a balance of responsibility between legislature and judiciary laws) can be contrasted with Statute law (a system solely involving the contribution of state and federal parliaments in legislating acts), which happen to dominate much of Australia’s legal system.

Thank you
Paragraph one is your strongest, avoid definitions as much as possible in Legal Essays :) The question is not asking you to contrast common law and statute law, instead, to analyse both separately, so number one could do with a rewrite. Let me do some maths and I'll whip something up for you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)