Preliminary Hsc (1 Viewer)

shiftyness

HSC
i kinda really n i mean really bludged in da sc and i'm really conscious of doing well in da prelim/hsc but not motivated enough.Any study tips/motivation and which method of study is the best way?

cheers.....

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shiftyness said:
i kinda really n i mean really bludged in da sc and i'm really conscious of doing well in da prelim/hsc but not motivated enough.Any study tips/motivation and which method of study is the best way?

cheers.....
If you use search function and type in "study tips" or etc, you would find a lot more threads that discuss this.

However, since you seem to be new around this website, here we go:

1. Studying consistenly is the key to success. It doesn't matter how much you study really. It's about getting your fingers out and hitting some books for some periods. If you do that for a year or so, you will see a huge transformation.
  2. Studying smart is the way to go. HSC is about studying smart, not studying a lot. At the end of the day, person who studies the smart way will win. In saying that, consistent studying is one of the way that you can study smart. :)
  3. Listen in class! It's important. Research shows that you improve learning efficiency by 60% by listening. But by participating in class, you learn improve efficiency to 90%! whoa!
  4. Form a nice relationship with teachers. I cannot stress this enough.
  5. Study in a group! You never know how motivating that is!
  6. Find a good environment to study! If you cannot find one, make one!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Just adding to what Namu said, if you procrastinate, take all your distractions away from you- even for just 1 hour.

I had my parents take away my Tv's and computer's power cord, remove the wii and playstation, my PSP and DS out of my room for about 1hour for starters. Then i increased this time slowly by 30min increments and slowly everything began to reappear in my room. It sounds a bit stupid- but it works and i can actually do work in my room now without being so distracted :D

And don't worry shiftyness, i didn't study for my SC either but i used my prelims to form great study habits. Don't stress too much about your prelims because they're just that- your prelims, but rather use it to learn great habits for year 12- if you push yourself too hard in year 11 you'll burn out :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
annabackwards said:
Just adding to what Namu said, if you procrastinate, take all your distractions away from you- even for just 1 hour.

I had my parents take away my Tv's and computer's power cord, remove the wii and playstation, my PSP and DS out of my room for about 1hour for starters. Then i increased this time slowly by 30min increments and slowly everything began to reappear in my room. It sounds a bit stupid- but it works and i can actually do work in my room now without being so distracted :D

And don't worry shiftyness, i didn't study for my SC either but i used my prelims to form great study habits. Don't stress too much about your prelims because they're just that- your prelims, but rather use it to learn great habits for year 12- if you push yourself too hard in year 11 you'll burn out :)
Oh, that's painful. Hearing that is this painful, I wonder how painful it will get if they really do it in reality.

But yeah, I do agree. Getting rid of distractions will be the top priority if you wish to lessen procrastination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)