Preparation? (1 Viewer)

Pubert

HSC
What preparation for year 11 have people been taking? If any.

Just wondering if im ahead or behind some people here :)

P

pLuvia

No need for preparation for year 11 honest truth
Unless you want to accelerate a bit in subjects like maths

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I agree with pLuvia, although if you're really feeling guilty these holidays, and you have your prelim textbooks, you can start reading just to get a feel of what you'll be learning when school starts. Good luck with the year Pubert. :)

Pubert

HSC
Well, im aiming for close to 100 uai (medicine), so ive started a bit of phys, chem and maths. Just to see what its like :)

P

pLuvia

Year 11 doesn't necessarily determine or better yet, doesn't count at all to your UAI. But knowing the Preliminary things is assumed knowledge for the HSC course.

Pubert

HSC
I will be trying to instill good study habits and high standards when it comes to assessment results and such. In year 10, mentally a good mark for me was like 85 because i probably didn't put any effort in. But now ill be happy with a 90-95+.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Pubert said:
I will be trying to instill good study habits and high standards when it comes to assessment results and such. In year 10, mentally a good mark for me was like 85 because i probably didn't put any effort in. But now ill be happy with a 90-95+.
It's great that you're sounding very motivated already, I'm sure you can achieve your goals with your frame of mind. :)

Last edited:

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
I was suppossed to do some preperation for yr11 but i'm too lazy to do anything in the holidays. But unfortunately our maths teacher for 3unit maths gave us a textbook and wants us to do the first 4 chapters of maths ,and is checking it the first day bak :burn: , i havnt even opened the book and we only hav like 1 and a half weeks left. But its alrite becoz the topics are very basic it's like yr 10 revision.

nwatts

HSC
Pubert said:
Just remember: marks mean absolute horse shit. Ensure you've got high ranks, and you're on your way to a high UAI. (In year 12 that is).

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Of what?

If you can beat doing absolutely nothing during the holidays, then you can feel guilty :p
Hahaha, that sounds like my last couple of weeks of the holidays!! :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Its good that a lot of year 11 are so keen to get start on the preliminary year but once you start and\or finish this time next year you will be giving the same advise to '08ers.

Preliminary marks mean nothing, yes the year sets you up with assumed knowledge and builds the corner stones for the HSC year but that is all you can see it as 'the HSC with training wheels' a practice run.

Use this year to practice study techniques and assessments and homework organisation but most of all make the most of your last free year because when the HSC comes it all counts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)