Prepared essays (1 Viewer)

bv

HSC
How exactly to u prepare an essay, without having a question..
I am trying to rearrange some of my essays so i can use them for general questions, by just removing the thesis.. but i am looking for some past papers for the text and there is barely any significance of what is in the "prepared essay" for the questions..

does anyone else prepare essays??

christoffpow

HSC
How exactly to u prepare an essay, without having a question..
I am trying to rearrange some of my essays so i can use them for general questions, by just removing the thesis.. but i am looking for some past papers for the text and there is barely any significance of what is in the "prepared essay" for the questions..

does anyone else prepare essays??
Yeah im doing it right now. I usually write an essay to a question from the syllabus..

A belonging question might be something like 'How has your understanding of Belonging to family, a place or a group been shaped through your study of your prescribed text?'

I dunno something general like that. It comes from the syllabus and as you can see it is incredibly simple. I hate english and i do crap at it, so what im doing is memerising all my essays, one for creative writing, one for belonging, 1st module, 2nd module, 3rd module, and then just write it in the exam lol.. and change my thesis/introduction and conclusion to suit the question

I would recomended memerising an essay that responds to a general question.. then writing it in the exam and change around the intro/conclusion to adapt to the question. Make sure every paragraph is just techniques/quotes.. examples of this technique.. and the effect.

Example.. for Belonging
'The use of personofication (technique) in the line 'The fence closed its eyes' (example) further emphasises the alienation and barriers within society (effect)

Make ur whole essays consist of that shit and u'l get 80percent + EASY

ok that MAKES NO SENSE its the stupidest example but u get the point lol
Hard part is memerising... .lol

AND MAKE SURE YOU USE A QUESTION FROM THE SYLLABUS!!!!!!!!!! questions in the exam come directly from the syllabus. So it's always good to have an intro/conclusion mentioning the syllabus so u can therefore always be answering the question in a way lol

bv

HSC
Y
I hate english and i do crap at it, so what im doing is memerising all my essays, one for creative writing, one for belonging, 1st module, 2nd module, 3rd module, and then just write it in the exam lol.. and change my thesis/introduction and conclusion to suit the question
Exactly what i have to do..
i havent looked at the english syllbus .. lol..but i guess that would be a good place to look.. ha
thankyou so much
hope you go well in ur trials

chopstick

HSC
N/A
AND MAKE SURE YOU USE A QUESTION FROM THE SYLLABUS!!!!!!!!!! questions in the exam come directly from the syllabus. So it's always good to have an intro/conclusion mentioning the syllabus so u can therefore always be answering the question in a way lol
where can you find those questions? i know it might be stupid to ask it, but i really can find it, i tried...

lychnobity

HSC
where can you find those questions? i know it might be stupid to ask it, but i really can find it, i tried...
He/she meant that using the module description, and rubric make up a question.

They're not given on a platter.

chopstick

HSC
N/A
He/she meant that using the module description, and rubric make up a question.

They're not given on a platter.
can you give a example of it, please, i am not bright in english...
in fact, not good at all...

lychnobity

HSC
can you give a example of it, please, i am not bright in english...
in fact, not good at all...
What level english do you do?

Otherwise, I'm going to make up one for Advanced.

melchick

HSC
I usually just write a really broad intro with like my understanding of the topic then have like tons of examples and write the essay on the day. Sometimes if i know the question i pre prepare topic sentances but thats all.

HSC
I usually just write a really broad intro with like my understanding of the topic then have like tons of examples and write the essay on the day. Sometimes if i know the question i pre prepare topic sentances but thats all.
me too

lychnobity

HSC
i'm doing standard.
This is for Standard English Module C: Texts and Society

Module C: Texts and Society

This module requires students to explore and analyse texts used in a specific situation. It assists students’ understanding of the ways that texts communicate information, ideas, bodies of knowledge, attitudes and belief systems in ways particular to specific areas of society.

Electives in this module are designed around a specific social context and the texts that are characteristic of and valued within it. Prescribed texts will be drawn from a variety of professional and social contexts. Students are also required to supplement this study with texts of their own choosing related to the module.

Students explore the role of textual features in the shaping of meaning in specific contexts. They develop the communication skills necessary for a wide variety of personal, social, historical, cultural and workplace contexts. Composition focuses on analysing and experimenting with textual forms characteristic of the specific contexts. These compositions may be realised in a variety of forms and media.
How has your understanding of the way texts communicate in their context been changed or developed?

Discuss with reference to your prescribed text and at least 2 of your own related texts.

Very general question, I know. I can't make it more specific.

Link to the syllabus: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/english_syl.pdf (quote above can be found on page 34)

Link to the rubric: English Standard HSC exam rubrics - Board of Studies NSW

chopstick

HSC
N/A
This is for Standard English Module C: Texts and Society

How has your understanding of the way texts communicate in their context been changed or developed?

Discuss with reference to your prescribed text and at least 2 of your own related texts.

Very general question, I know. I can't make it more specific.

Link to the syllabus: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/english_syl.pdf (quote above can be found on page 34)

Link to the rubric: English Standard HSC exam rubrics - Board of Studies NSW
thank you, i will try to make up some question too.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
AOS is almost the same every year so you can usually get a pretty standard essay for that.

For the others, prepare essay BLOCKS with examples, so for every essay you use the same examples and techniques. It really increases how much you write as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)