Preparing for my PIP - Bullying (1 Viewer)

AccelerateGirl

HSC
Pretty much, I have a basic idea of what i want to focus on for my PIP next year (well, starting next term). I am interested in the ideas behind bullying. Why do people bully? what do they get out of it? how does someone feel when they are bullied extensively? What do spectators think about bullying?

Basically, my question will be something like "why do people bully and what affect does it have on all involved?"

i would like some input just to start me off. What do you think about bullying? It can be from any perspective, be it bullier, victim or spectator. Yes you are annonymous unless you want to be identified.

So, type on my lovelies

p.s. If anyone has a better idea for a question along those lines, it would be much appreciated

reloaded29

HSC
My PIP this year was "Schoolyard and the Multicultural Victim". I did look at the characteristics of bullies and victims but I did it from a perspective of how those who aren't caucasian are usually the victims and delved further into that idea. Have you thought about your Cross Cultural Comparison?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I would warn against such a simplistic view. It is overdone and well, boring to the markers.
An idea like the above posters however is much more unique and interesting
Try and think of a way to explore the idea (if youre set on it) in a more interesting and challenging way.

AccelerateGirl

HSC
Yeah, i know it's simplistic at the moment. I don't know me exact question yet, but i'm working on it with my teacher.
I was going to take the cross-cultural bit on how kids of other cultures get bullied, if it's more less, the resons behind it, or something along those lines. I am interested in doing something on why people bully, or the effects it has, not only as a child, but later in life too.

So much to decide on, so little time. *sigh*

technicolour

HSC
I'd just be really careful with the ethical concerns involved. Bullying's a really sensitive topic, particularly when it comes to doing your primary methodologies like questionnaires and interviews. I'm not in any way trying to put down your topic, but if there is a slip up with non-ethical research it can show the marker that you're not all that socially and culturally literate.

I'd take sonyaleeisapixi's idea on board too. My teacher came back from PIP marking this year slamming the amount of boring, overdone topics there were. The last thing you want to do is pick an unoriginal topic, because no matter how well you may have done it, it's not going to stand out amongst the hundreds of other PIPs on the same topic. The best thing to do is try and spin the topic to find a more original and interesting angle. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)