Prereq Help! Please :) (1 Viewer)

lvella10

HSC
So I want to apply to CSU - Dental science but I don't have the prereq's .. Is it worth applying still, Or will I just be overlooked completely ?? Atar estimate from careers teacher is 98.10 if that helps and csu state that I need a min of 90 ??

HSC
What are these prerequisites? (Ie subjects)

Are they 'assumed knowledge' or 'prerequisites'?

lvella10

HSC
They're assumed chem, maths, physics .. So assumed aren't pre reqs, but going into the degree they'd expect me to know them?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
They're assumed chem, maths, physics .. So assumed aren't pre reqs, but going into the degree they'd expect me to know them?
Yes. They will treat it as if you know the HSC course. However Uni students tell me that bridging courses are not really worth it and its better to do your own studies after the HSC. Not sure if this is true though.

lvella10

HSC
Yes. They will treat it as if you know the HSC course. However Uni students tell me that bridging courses are not really worth it and its better to do your own studies after the HSC. Not sure if this is true though.
Thankyou so much SpiralFlex :) I think what you said about the worth of bridging courses is correct too from what I've heard

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Thankyou so much SpiralFlex :) I think what you said about the worth of bridging courses is correct too from what I've heard
Doesn't really sound appetising, I mean they cram the course in a short period whilst one can self-study using the 3 month break.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Actual prerequisites impede students from gaining entry to specific courses if they have not fulfilled the requirements. Assumed knowledge is essentially a warning to prospective students in the event that they don't know compulsory content.

I did junior bio units in first year uni without doing science since Year 10 and I ended up getting a credit for both units. Doing a bridging course can be beneficial provided you have the time to do it but personally, I didn't need to do it myself.

lvella10

HSC
Doesn't really sound appetising, I mean they cram the course in a short period whilst one can self-study using the 3 month break.
I thought about maybe self studying and doing a bridging course, but Idk :L

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I thought about maybe self studying and doing a bridging course, but Idk :L
You will have to PM some Uni students on the forum to see what is best. But I would self-study as some people have suggested. What subjects do you do? :)

lvella10

HSC
You will have to PM some Uni students on the forum to see what is best. But I would self-study as some people have suggested. What subjects do you do? :)
Well because I needed a high atar because my first option is to enter med I figured I'd do easy subjects .. And I mean really easy lol .. General maths, standard english, cafs, senior science and pdhpe .. Luckily its paid off and I'm sitting on 98.1 according to my careers teacher who gave me an estimate :)

So as you can see , I'll need A LOT of self study...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)