Present to self - after breakup (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Sorry to dig up an old thread...Sip Sip, what did you end up getting?

I came into some money of my own (landed a job at Mac Group) and was thinkin of getting the TT. Then I found out about the insurance :p

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Supra said:
Sorry to dig up an old thread...Sip Sip, what did you end up getting?

I came into some money of my own (landed a job at Mac Group) and was thinkin of getting the TT. Then I found out about the insurance :p

haha! no worries!

yeh the insurance is a bundle...my insurance is still in my parent's name...saves a bit...

I ended up placing an order on an A5...but currently looking at the 135i...since that i won't lose the deposit place it will be ages until i take delivery...(planning next year...wanna keep options opened)

Congrats on landing a job man! What will u be doing at mac group?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
SipSip said:
haha! no worries!

yeh the insurance is a bundle...my insurance is still in my parent's name...saves a bit...

I ended up placing an order on an A5...but currently looking at the 135i...since that i won't lose the deposit place it will be ages until i take delivery...(planning next year...wanna keep options opened)

Congrats on landing a job man! What will u be doing at mac group?
thanks mate! I'll be in Funds Management starting off in Corporate Actions. Looking to move on in a couple of years though, so it's a decent start at least. Plus I get cross trained in Asset Valuation and pricing.

I might get an appartment instead of a car, coz there's shit transport to the city where I live :p

If I were to get a car, I'd be looking for fuel efficiency...petrol is ridiculous these days and will only get worse

born2b

HSC
iEdd said:
I don't think you are going to get too much advice on a forum where we are mostly the poor student demographic. :eek:
digging a thread back again .. but just love doing it..

well said mate...

most of us students woulld have never seen that type of money to be spent on a car until we were at least say? 30 maybe 40

so i must say when did you graduate if not telling us what you do ... and you must be on the wrong site if you are looking for people with experience telling you which car is better to live with...

i mean we would be lucky to even have a 40k car after we graduate however.. i am just saying that as to what i think the average uni graduate would make

or maybe you have rich parents.. i dont know but what i do think is

OMG 50-75K on a car wtf? tell me what u do so i can do it ... PM ME ;)

but anyways you have european love for cars and the money

demographic here would put you in to the japanese market .. and yeah..

why not buy a evo supra sti . modded car

s2000 would be my choice but anyways.. we are the jap generation i think.. because thats what we can look up to for our money

anyways awaiting your reply

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Maybe cause those cars don't have any class and he doesn't want to be seen as a Jap Crap ricer faggot?

born2b

HSC
Stevo. said:
Maybe cause those cars don't have any class and he doesn't want to be seen as a Jap Crap ricer faggot?
well i was implying more on the STI and EVO because they are what he could get new that on this site thats the kind of help he will get.. i mean which lucky fck would have 50-75K and their asking for advice on euro cars that will probably be asking in the wrong area..

say if he was asking in in the 5-30k area maybe he would get some real good advice

that was my main point..

as for jap crap ricer faggots goes.. they are the best cars of their era ie in the 90s i cant really see any decent value euro car

Sammy-Blue

HSC
born2b said:
well i was implying more on the STI and EVO because they are what he could get new that on this site thats the kind of help he will get.. i mean which lucky fck would have 50-75K and their asking for advice on euro cars that will probably be asking in the wrong area..

say if he was asking in in the 5-30k area maybe he would get some real good advice

that was my main point..

as for jap crap ricer faggots goes.. they are the best cars of their era ie in the 90s i cant really see any decent value euro car
1. People with jobs, people with generous parents
2. Then you don't appreciate good build quality with nice materials.

born2b

HSC
1. good point i understand- but im still speaking of the demographic this person would recieve comments from. i mean people who spend that much on their cars will probably not be on this site.

2.i was speaking of the nineties, you failed to bold the whole line and look at it, name me a car that is from the 90's thats affordable by a student thats euro and is affordable for repairs too.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
born2b said:
1. good point i understand- but im still speaking of the demographic this person would recieve comments from. i mean people who spend that much on their cars will probably not be on this site.

2.i was speaking of the nineties, you failed to bold the whole line and look at it, name me a car that is from the 90's thats affordable by a student thats euro and is affordable for repairs too.
3-series/A4. Given the number I see students driving, I'm going to say that they must be affordable enough.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
born2b said:
digging a thread back again .. but just love doing it..

well said mate...

most of us students woulld have never seen that type of money to be spent on a car until we were at least say? 30 maybe 40

so i must say when did you graduate if not telling us what you do ... and you must be on the wrong site if you are looking for people with experience telling you which car is better to live with...

i mean we would be lucky to even have a 40k car after we graduate however.. i am just saying that as to what i think the average uni graduate would make

or maybe you have rich parents.. i dont know but what i do think is

OMG 50-75K on a car wtf? tell me what u do so i can do it ... PM ME ;)

but anyways you have european love for cars and the money

demographic here would put you in to the japanese market .. and yeah..

why not buy a evo supra sti . modded car

s2000 would be my choice but anyways.. we are the jap generation i think.. because thats what we can look up to for our money

anyways awaiting your reply
He mentioned it earlier in the thread what he does...

On an unrelated note graduate salaries are a bit higher this year. In line with inflation and general wage increases I guess.

I wouldn't get a Supra, nor an Evo nor an STI! Tastes change, you're quite young...yours will too when you reach the end of uni. When I was in year 11 I was obsessed with Supras (hence the name)...now in final year uni I would only get one if I'm desperate for a change and can't be stuffed going on a lease for a 50-80k vehicle.

btw Accounting and Law double degree, with a D average,from Sydney or NSW, would make you very marketable when you graduate. I hear mining is awesome too.

born2b

HSC
Sammy-Blue said:
3-series/A4. Given the number I see students driving, I'm going to say that they must be affordable enough.
true but they just arent the same as what a jap can be.. or its just ur taste i guess but if you like low class base model cars from euro ok?

Sammy-Blue

HSC
born2b said:
true but they just arent the same as what a jap can be.. or its just ur taste i guess but if you like low class base model cars from euro ok?
I didn't say I like them

CieL

HSC
born2b said:
Come back when you've driven the cars you're talking about.

MasterPUA

HSC
s2000's are way too over played now.

My rule is that if I have seen the car on the cover of HOT4's/AutoSalon magazine et al then I am not going anywhere near that model of car.

F2001

HSC
Sammy-Blue said:
Yea peasant model 318i and non turbo A4s or 2.4/2.6 A4s....
Of course they're going to be affordable when those models esp have no options. You can find them far under 10k.
When we talk higher range 3 series or A4s(of the same generation/year) expect almost double that figure...

born2b

HSC
CieL said:
Come back when you've driven the cars you're talking about.
i have driven an evo 9 and it was fcuking beautifull :D:D:D

also driven a 3 series 93 mod

and others were all day to day jap cars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)