printer help (1 Viewer)

magchem07

Open Up!
HSC
hi guys,
I need to buy new printer and have a Q.Which one is better InkJet or Laser and why?I addition if there are some brand preference I'd be grateful to know about them.
Cheers

Last edited:

vds700

HSC
hi guys,
I need to buy new printer and have a Q.Which one is better InkJet or Laser and why?I addition if there are some brand preference I'd be grateful to know about them.
Cheers
It depends. If you're gonna be printing out huge documents and dont need colour, then a B/W laser would be the go.

If u need colour and cant afford a colour laser, then go inkjet

Whatever u decide, it is very important to check out prices of replacement ink cartidges/toner as this is gonna be your main exoense to do with running the printer.

We've got a HP all-in-one thing. It takes these high capacity black ink tanks, and normal colour, they told us the black would last longer than most toners inb b/W lasers. Not exactly sure if this stacks up, but it lasts alot longer than the black in our old inkjet (Canon). Also good coz it works over our network and can print double sided pages, so were using less paper now too. Though i must add the build quality is not great (e.g the door u open to replace the ink wont stay shut, so we had to hold it with sticky tape lol).

astroe

HSC
Though i must add the build quality is not great (e.g the door u open to replace the ink wont stay shut, so we had to hold it with sticky tape lol).
LOL.
Er, that's a serious problem. :S

As for me, I don't really print out colour that much so the ink cartridge ended up drying up - wasting lots and lots of money.
Which is why I have a colour laser printer, as well as a monochrome one. I just print documents with the monochrome and should I need some colour for an assignment or something, I have the colour on standby.

So, yeah get a colour laser, they be hectic. :)
Or, both! LOL.

Last edited:

vds700

HSC
LOL.
Er, that's a serious problem. :S

As for me, I don't really print out colour that much so the ink cartridge ended up drying up - wasting lots and lots of money.
Which is why I have a colour laser printer, as well as a monochrome one. I just print documents with the monochrome and should I need some colour for an assignment or something, I have the colour on standby.

So, yeah get a colour laser, they be hectic. :)
Or, both! LOL.
how much would the average colour laser cost? I thought they were like $500+

Also how much are the replacement toners?

astroe

HSC
how much would the average colour laser cost? I thought they were like $500+

Also how much are the replacement toners?
I bought mine from Officeworks like 5 months ago for like $200-ish?
It's a HP. I bought it without research and found out that the toners are about $100 each = $400 when I need to replace them. FML. LOOOL.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
a discussion i heard a while ago, was that the powder from laser printers can actually cause cancer when inhaled excessively. Something that you can think about possibly~

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
laser printer catridges are expensive but they last so much longer then inkjet they pay for them selves

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
you can pay around $40 for an inkjet catridge. and over $80 for a laserjet catridge. Last time my parents worked it out, it costs something like 1.5c/page with laserjet, and like 20c+ for deskjet. If you're printing school work, just get a laserjet b&w.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)