Printing Promotion+Program (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Just wondering...

How have the P+P people gone about printing their promotional stuff? Did you go to a professional printer like Snap or get it done on the school printers?

How did it turn out?

Also, for anyone that has printed it out already (or did it last year for that matter) whats the deal with anti-aliasing text? I'm under the impression that any text that has been anti-aliased by a program (like Photoshop) will turn out crap and blurry if printed, but when i left the text aliased it looked crap on my computer at least heh, so how did you all solve that problem?

Cheers!:)

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
im sending mine to the printers cos otherwise it looks shotty....and also i have to enlarge it using a photocopier coz otherwise it comes out pixelated, which should also fix the fonting problem

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Ahh, I've made my poster an A3, just so I didn't have to do that. I figured A2 would be a little to large to actually fill up, *shudders at the thought*..

Hey meggy, what have you done with the program? I still need to fill mine up, and looking at all the stuff the STC ones have - I feel a bit intimidated :(

hayhay_03

HSC
im gonna send mine off to the printers, but i havnt got as far as the program and stuff... im so far behind! arggh!
i wish us all goodluck with printing porblems- hopefully none arise! :chainsaw:

The_DJ

HSC
neo_o said:
Just wondering...

How have the P+P people gone about printing their promotional stuff? Did you go to a professional printer like Snap or get it done on the school printers?

How did it turn out?

Also, for anyone that has printed it out already (or did it last year for that matter) whats the deal with anti-aliasing text? I'm under the impression that any text that has been anti-aliased by a program (like Photoshop) will turn out crap and blurry if printed, but when i left the text aliased it looked crap on my computer at least heh, so how did you all solve that problem?

Cheers!:)
I went well in my Poster and promotion IP last year and actually recieving an honour of geting onto ONSTAGE (total fluke but hey..) what i did was got my poster printed at SNAP (as it needs to be A3 or larger) Its expensive i know.. (as i had to buy publisher as well!) but the results are definitely worth it... I also printed and binded my program at SNAP (It looked really glossy and professional.. I couldn't believe that i made it myself!) But if you don't have the money don't worry because printing from home (as long as its a fairly good and new printer) is fine as I used them to print out my pamphlet and media meterial.. to tell you the truth I couldn't tell which items were printed where! Anyways good luck with your projects!

turbulence

Im doing Lighting Design.. and at the moment all is going well with it. Basically all i have to do now is contrust it on a CAD program called MacLux and blah blah blah

For printing i need to produce a 25:1 scale, so however big the size it is (A3,A2,A1)im printing it to PDF then running into SNAP printing or some other printing place and getting it printing in a hhugggeee size, then putting it on a corkflute plastic card thing to display (no rolling or folding!)

So i suggest printing to PDF if you are unsure if the printing company you are visiting does not support the file format you have, for example publisher or something else. Then run in and say OI

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I was actually going to submit it as a .tiff ;-)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I'd go a .tiff file too, for the kind of work that you are doing neo. All my posters when they've been sent off to printers have been in .tiff format.
PDF and .tiff differ in quality when printed Turbulence. Not a great deal...but they do all the same.
PDF for Lighting.
.tiff for P&P.

Yay! Happiness in a jar.

(Hehe...Turb...can I call you Turb...? lol :eek: )

JimBob

HSC
N/A
Anyone know roughly how long it takes for the pro printers to complete a job? ie, Snap, etc

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
About 5 Days.

I just printed off my poster and flyer at school on some photo paper - it doesnt need to be better quality methinks.

I was lucky that I found an A3 printer :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)