Printing (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Is there any way whereby I can print on both sides of an A4 page at uni? Thank you. :)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
gmraso said:
yes there is but it costs the same but if you're an environmental person here's the way you do it.....
"If you're in the library, you can also print back to back by going into properties and choosing "flip long end" or "flip short end". It costs the same amount but it does save paper (and space in your folder)".
(thanks to the biol103 forum for that little piece of info)

You're welcome santaslayer happy to help anytime, just ask:) :cool:
Is it just me, or does this seem unusually out of character? Am I missing something?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
11c a copy is pretty steep, lucky I have my magical copy card. :D

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
It works the same as a credit card scamming machine, you read the magnetic strip, identify the relevant parts and then adjust the magnetic strip info on the card and record it, and magically, you've got a copycard that you probably won't have to spend another cent on during your entire degree.... but its a secret.

Ninga

HSC
Raiks said:
It works the same as a credit card scamming machine, you read the magnetic strip, identify the relevant parts and then adjust the magnetic strip info on the card and record it, and magically, you've got a copycard that you probably won't have to spend another cent on during your entire degree.... but its a secret.

Make us all magical copy cards, or we'll hunt u down, steal your magical copy card, and beat u silly. We can start a club. The beat up Raiks for his magical copy card club. My mate did double sided printing the other day, but he got charged for 3 pages instead of 2. I laughed at him :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah I was thinking about something like that being psosible. So who is daring enough to nick off with a cardreader from a photocopier at the library? :p

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Ziff said:
Yeah I was thinking about something like that being psosible. So who is daring enough to nick off with a cardreader from a photocopier at the library? :p
You can buy general magnetic strip card readers from quite a few business supply companies and with the right software which can be bought (for business using magnetic strip cards) you can manipulate most cards.

I have a friend who works in HR at a big bank and when installing the system, dodged up a couple of copy cards which have been given to a few friends.

santaslayer

HSC
Raiks said:
You can buy general magnetic strip card readers from quite a few business supply companies and with the right software which can be bought (for business using magnetic strip cards) you can manipulate most cards.

I have a friend who works in HR at a big bank and when installing the system, dodged up a couple of copy cards which have been given to a few friends.
You have nice friends. :p
Can I be your friend? :p

GMRASO: Thanks. But one question, are you someone else using gmraso's account coz i agree with what poloktim said. :uhhuh:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Raiks said:

are they the same as those credit card readers you plug into your PC?

christ

HSC
Uni Grad
alternatively hunt down ziff and steal his card! With a balance of $16.72 you get 152 magic pages.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
christ said:
alternatively hunt down ziff and steal his card! With a balance of $16.72 you get 152 magic pages.
your right, 152 pages will prolly last me until graduation since i don't print lecture notes.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
are they the same as those credit card readers you plug into your PC?
Yeah, they are the same as the credit card readers.

And $16.72, try $1732.93.

That's 15754 pages of warm freshly printed paper.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Do you have instructions on how it is done?

if so i'm gonna buy one of them.

i mean, why not? the university is rich :D (we learnt that in management)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
No I don't have the instructions, but I can tell you that somebody has over $200,000 on their copy card... it's not me though.

Your best bet would just to google it.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah, it could be $17.52 for the rest of your time at UOW.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
gmraso said:
argh it's too much in setup costs to justify. You'd prob spend that much on printing anyways:(
Yeah, we only got ours done because the setup already existed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)