Prior Education, worth the Ca$h? (1 Viewer)

Yvan Zivkovic

HSC
N/A
You know those Prior education courses? I was thinking of taken them but its about $30 an hour during the school holidays! I can afford it (barely) but I want to know if its worth it and what exactly you do, I'm not handing over my money then finding out i got ripped off.

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by Yvan Zivkovic
You know those Prior education courses? I was thinking of taken them but its about $30 an hour during the school holidays! I can afford it (barely) but I want to know if its worth it and what exactly you do, I'm not handing over my money then finding out i got ripped off.
I went to the April Holiday ones and they were quite good... They teach you how to do all sorts of HSC type questions... But if you are doing 3 unit, or are very good at 2 unit, you can just buy the booklet and solutions...

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Re: Re: Prior Education, worth the Ca$h?

Originally posted by Harimau

I went to the April Holiday ones and they were quite good... They teach you how to do all sorts of HSC type questions... But if you are doing 3 unit, or are very good at 2 unit, you can just buy the booklet and solutions...
how much does the booklet cost???? n from where can we buy them????

rwehere

HSC
I attended Prior for half a year and left. I really didn't think it was worth the money, it is the same as buying some simple work booklets and working through the solutions.
Other tuition colleges which are ALOT cheaper could give you the same learning experience, Prior just has fancy looking material which is pretty nice, but otherwise wouldn't help you with your HSC much. Also the homework load is MASSIVE and if you do not finish you are forced to pay more, which happens to many students as they just don't have the time to finish the homework and correct it, along with coping with assessments.
I really don't think it's that worth it, asking parents to pay thousands of dollars, in the end it's all up to you, i'm sure you've heard that heaps haha but yeh, if I were you, I wouldn't attend Prior.
:burn:

random-1006

Banned
HSC
I attended Prior for half a year and left. I really didn't think it was worth the money, it is the same as buying some simple work booklets and working through the solutions.
Other tuition colleges which are ALOT cheaper could give you the same learning experience, Prior just has fancy looking material which is pretty nice, but otherwise wouldn't help you with your HSC much. Also the homework load is MASSIVE and if you do not finish you are forced to pay more, which happens to many students as they just don't have the time to finish the homework and correct it, along with coping with assessments.
I really don't think it's that worth it, asking parents to pay thousands of dollars, in the end it's all up to you, i'm sure you've heard that heaps haha but yeh, if I were you, I wouldn't attend Prior.
:burn:

do they charge you more if you dont do the questions

LOL

rwehere

HSC
LOL yehh >< even if you have like one little question left you have to pay for one hour $60, or minimum $30 for half an hour, and the question could be completed in like 1 minute lol.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
LOL yehh >< even if you have like one little question left you have to pay for one hour $60, or minimum $30 for half an hour, and the question could be completed in like 1 minute lol.
no, you mean if they go through a question, i thought you meant that if you didnt do all the homework questions they would charge you more as a like a penalty sort of thing lol

rwehere

HSC
no, you mean if they go through a question, i thought you meant that if you didnt do all the homework questions they would charge you more as a like a penalty sort of thing lol

ohh aha, I don't think any tutor would do that lol, but yeh just saying everyone could do the same without paying so much =)

rundotop

HSC
N/A
hey I go to prior and absolutely love it.
seriously without it I would be failing all my courses. sure it's expensive, but it's deffinately worth the money. you can always request endless hours of maths assistence within a school term. and there's supervised study once a week and all the work is consistently marked so there's no slacking of involved.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
seriously without it I would be failing all my courses. sure it's expensive, but it's deffinately worth the money. you can always request endless hours of maths assistence within a school term. and there's supervised study once a week and all the work is consistently marked so there's no slacking of involved.

dont all places do that lol

its not very hard to mark maths work, it doesnt take very long to mark

rundotop

HSC
N/A
no way! I used to go to matrix for english, and I would hand inthe weekly homework essay's every week and not get them back till 8 weeks later.

prior marks it within 2hrs after you hand it in. You get it back on the same day during the class you hand it in at.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
no way! I used to go to matrix for english, and I would hand inthe weekly homework essay's every week and not get them back till 8 weeks later.

prior marks it within 2hrs after you hand it in. You get it back on the same day during the class you hand it in at.

english and maths are completely different in marking, you can mark a maths exam in like 20mins ( absolute max)

i think you mean 8 days lol, if an english essay took 8wks to be marked theres something seriously wrong

rundotop

HSC
N/A
no eight weeks is eight weeks
you read it right.

And I did/do english at prior too, and the mark the english essay's within a week.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
no eight weeks is eight weeks
you read it right.

And I did/do english at prior too, and the mark the english essay's within a week.

8 weeks, thats shit, pretty much useless by the time you get it back, you have already failed.

maths ( assuming they are marking questions they gave you the week before) is just a matter going through the answers ( which tutoring places would have done the working out beforehand) and giving ticks or crosses, and writting in the correct method if someone gets it wrong, its not hard to mark maths papers quick.

rwehere

HSC
Yeah, Prior is alrite, but it just makes u feel bad that other people who are paying one fifth of your amount is getting atars of 98+ :burn: It would make your parents happy if u could do good without paying so much :p and wow 8 weeks thats seriously screwed..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)