Private vs. Public Schools! (1 Viewer)

tom-spin

HSC
What are your opinions on public vs. private schools?
What do you hate and what do you like about either of the systems??

Comment!

jnney

lemon
HSC
In my own personal opinion.....

I went to a private school when I was younger. There were some very snobbish people. Besides that fact I guess it did discipline me (since private schools are extremely stingy with their uniforms etc, you know what i mean). Also, I was taught valuable morals. Although I am not Christian, their teachings have allowed me to gain a better understanding of the world and has somewhat made me the kind of optimistic person along the way.

That was primary school. In high school, I do believe it is a waste of money. You are paying 20000x the amount of money for the same education. Expensive uniform. Compulsory religious studies throughout those 6 years. It's pretty unnecessary.

jnney

lemon
HSC
But I guess some people have a sense of pride coming from a private school........whatever. Public education ftw.

tom-spin

HSC
so where are you at now?? private or public?
hmm interesting response though! :)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Private schools should not receive funding from the government.

I don't see the point of private education. I think more money should be invested in the public system.

That being said I think that there could be a lot done to fix the public system, but diverting the funds which are being blatantly wasted on private education to the public system would facilitate a great start.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Exactly right.

I go to a public school:)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
unfortunately since i have gone to a public school i have not experienced the joys of group masturbation and creeping to the cellar to steal stale bread from the pantry at 4am.
disgusting.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I was in a private school before I came to Australia, because public education from where I cam was trash, however have been in a public school when I started school here, which was at age 5, started school overseas at age 3.

Both are similar, however one requires you to pay a heavy fee for what you can earn for free. It's good if there's no good public school around you, if there is however, Public education should be the number one option.

Private might be good for the disclipine, etc... but even then I've seen many idiots from both sides of school.

tl;dr Go to which ever you like, both are fine, it comes down to the individual in the end.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
You hands down get a better education at Private schools, the facilities are better and the teachers.

Public schools (non selective) are the worst ever. But they will either make you or break you.

I went to a Country Public school for high school and basically educated myself. I feel as if you get a few people who come out of public/private education that are intelligent/street smart.

So really it's a mix of both. Generally though, public schools will turn out uneducated dolts and private school will turn out spoon fed, self important prissy pants.

Personally, I prefer bogans to the later.

SO REALLY I GUESS IT'S WHAT YOU PREFER.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I went to a private catholic high school, I learnt only more about Christianity otherwise I reckon it would be the same as a public school.

jnney

lemon
HSC
I basically teach myself in most subjects too. oh well, can't always be spoon fed. :/ Meh.

RANK 1

HSC
i go to a private catholic school, the catholic part pisses me off but otherwise its ok. i guess a difference with public and private is that in public 80-90% of ppl there are drug addicts, retards or complete dropkicks whereas in private schools this accounts for about 40-50%

bitumen

HSC
i went to a private school.
the amount and quality of flowers you got on your birthday was an indication of your popularity.
lol

In my own personal opinion.....
I went to a private school when I was younger. There were some very snobbish people. Besides that fact I guess it did discipline me (since private schools are extremely stingy with their uniforms etc, you know what i mean). Also, I was taught valuable morals. Although I am not Christian, their teachings have allowed me to gain a better understanding of the world and has somewhat made me the kind of optimistic person along the way.
That was primary school. In high school, I do believe it is a waste of money. You are paying 20000x the amount of money for the same education. Expensive uniform. Compulsory religious studies throughout those 6 years. It's pretty unnecessary.
not really

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
i remember the parent of a SHORE kid yelling "public education raises criminals"

ssylva

HSC
It all really depends on the school itself i think... i go to a private school but it doesn't really fit the stereotype of a private school. The only thing i think sets it apart from public schools is the emphasis on uniform. As for the 'better education' part, that's debatable..

mirakon

nigga
HSC
private schools are da best because i go to one.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Every good teacher I ever had got poached from the private schools for more pay.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Ugh, popularity back in the days........yeah we had that too.

carlosestevez

Banned
HSC
people who go to private schools generally tend to be like more hotter and smarter, and public school girls tend to be really like skanky and stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)