Private vs. Public Schools! (1 Viewer)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
more like people not living in the ghetto. more to do with SE than race and yes i grew up around black people. niggaz be smart and shit, one of my homies just graduated from MIT and now pulling 130k working at intel

it's more to do with how shitty of a neighborhood you live in. but no matter how shitty a neighborhood, asian kids will always be topping their class.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
This thread ..... People who go to selective schools do have a social life and are not computers ....FYI, Asians put more value on on education , hence meaning they study harder and don't jig school as much.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
This thread ..... People who go to selective schools do have a social life and are not computers ....FYI, Asians put more value on on education , hence meaning they study harder and don't jig school as much.
it's all about parenting. you get disowned if you fuck up at school, especially if your parents or grandparents didn't have a proper opportunity to achieve higher education, makes it even more important that you succeed well in school. you get your ass beat if you don't do well.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
more like people not living in the ghetto.
That doesn't explain why white kids dislike blacks when they have to attend school with them.

niggaz be smart and shit, one of my homies just graduated from MIT and now pulling 130k working at intel

No "niggaz" don't "be smart". Your "homie", to the extent that he even exists, is called an "outlier" i.e. is on the right-hand rail of the bell-curve. Perhaps he can use his intelligence to explain to you the meaning of "averages".

http://i.imgur.com/g7VwnIE.png

And besides, Blacks are well under-represented at elite colleges relative to their population even with affirmative admissions policies.

it's more to do with how shitty of a neighborhood you live in.
are you claiming rich blacks live in shitty neighbourhoods?

but no matter how shitty a neighborhood, asian kids will always be topping their class.
Which doesn't really make sense unless you believe in the heritability of intelligence.

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
it's all about parenting. you get disowned if you fuck up at school, especially if your parents or grandparents didn't have a proper opportunity to achieve higher education, makes it even more important that you succeed well in school. you get your ass beat if you don't do well.
Another common misconception..... that isn't the case with MOST asian parents. The second generation parents are much more leniant.

Frostbitten

HSC
I don't think there is really any difference between private and public in terms of quality of education. Sure there are better resources but if kids aren't conditioned to study and haven't been taught the value of education as a means of success and furthering themselves then those resources are pointless. I think it would come down to parenting more so than everything else. My reasoning is that really good parents will teach and develop their children's study habits making it very easy for them aim towards an academic goal.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
My reasoning is that really good parents will teach and develop their children's study habits making it very easy for them aim towards an academic goal.

kids at private schools are more likely to be like this, so it makes sense to want your kid to be around these sorts of kids rather than the alternative

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
oh gee why would anyone want to be around people of the same race

I bet chinese kids are glad when they have lots of brownsters in their class
I was glad, tyvm. These 'brownsters' were my homies.

bhsrepresent

HSC
No, the biggest difference is the lack of people from certain "nationalities" and "socio-economic backgrounds", that's what makes it so good.
I'm all for being pragmatic when it comes to the idealism surrounding 'multiculturalism' and 'diversity'. But it really just sounds like you come from another angle..

HSC
Having been to a public and private school I have seen both sides. Private schools are a lot more strict in terms of everything but it is so much better in my opinion in terms of facilities and etc.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
"This has nothing to do with race"

"Asians are always smarter"

Do cunts actually use the word "homie"?
yes people do use the word homies/homes stateside.

i never said "asians are smarter" i said asians will be topping their class and you wanna know why? Because their parents will beat the fuck out of them if they dont do well. Guess you didn't get all As? guess who's not eating dinner tonight.

education has more to do with culture than anything. black kids in the states get called uncle tom or whitey or a race traitor if they show any sign of academic accomplishment. it's a huge stigma to be anywhere near academically successful in black high schools.

yeah i guess my black friend is an outlier with his brother being a college admission officer, one sister a doctor and the other sister a NY state senatorial aide.

http://www.examiner.com/article/african-immigrants-out-graduate-american-caucasians-and-asians

black immigrants perform the best. its all to do with culture than race. i know their dad belts the fuck out of them when they did shit in school.

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
Just calm down everyone, go and watch Ja'mie private school girl. That'll give you information on private schools.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
"culture" doesn't explain the findings of twin adoption studies and transracial adoption studies.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
obviously africans studying in america are an elite sample

lmao and nobody says that skin pigmentation causes lower IQ in races, any more than people claim dogs' floppy ears and tails cause them to be less intelligent than humans

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Another common misconception..... that isn't the case with MOST asian parents. The second generation parents are much more leniant.
white washed asians dont count, im talking about true asian parents at heart.

edit: there aren't many second generation asian parents... mass asian immigration to this country didn't come post 1990s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)