Problem with a friend??? Need advice please? (1 Viewer)

HSC
It seems that he is trying to live your education life
I would say:
"dude, it's fine. I see how you put effort in this but I need to put in my own effort"
"it's better if I work on this majorly by myself"
"we have our own ways of working and I need you to let me handle it myself"

something along these lines will do

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't be too kind. At this rate, you are risking of hurting yourself because you don't want to hurt another. Wouldn't really want a friend like the one you described-far too demanding and inconsiderate (In the sense not backing off even though he should)

williamliu96

HSC
Uni Grad
He's annoying me again by saying that his demanding that i attend his sessions or else he will disown me.

He's also saying that "come back to UWS/CQU, because its easier there".

OMG I had enough of this guy - should i just delete him, but deleting him could cause social controversy imo.

HSC
He's annoying me again by saying that his demanding that i attend his sessions or else he will disown me.

He's also saying that "come back to UWS/CQU, because its easier there".

OMG I had enough of this guy - should i just delete him, but deleting him could cause social controversy imo.
Tell him that he's really getting on your nerves and that you're going to rethink the friendship if he continues. So that gives him a choice where he chooses whether to remain friends. What's the disowning bit? Like not being friends again?

CaptainPrice

HSC
Tell him that he's really getting on your nerves and that you're going to rethink the friendship if he continues. So that gives him a choice where he chooses whether to remain friends. What's the disowning bit? Like not being friends again?
Plot twist: OP's dad is the friend.

In all seriousness, this guy (OP's friend) sounds as if he needs to sort his own issues/mentality as well. I doubt it would cause a social controversy if you completely blocked him out of your life.

Maybe after a while he'll reflect and realise what a jerk he has been.

Best of luck to you OP.

williamliu96

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi. Thanks.

It is possible to cause social controversy by him telling his (our) friends that i've deleted him and would give negative perceptions about me. Note that my friends don't know about this, only we do - so it is possible that he could lie about something about me to make matters worse.

Also note that this is not the first time that I've had problems with him, in Year 12 trials (2 years ago) he got upset at me because I didn't tell the time of our maths exam time after the exam. He got upset at me - because i didn't tell him the time (was it 9am or 1pm?). Dude... WTF?? You didn't ask anything to me and plus thats your own damn responsibility since each of your teachers handed out rosters of the exams almost every day of the week before the trail week. Got pissed off at him for being so inconsiderate.

HSC
Hi. Thanks.

It is possible to cause social controversy by him telling his (our) friends that i've deleted him and would give negative perceptions about me. Note that my friends don't know about this, only we do - so it is possible that he could lie about something about me to make matters worse.

Also note that this is not the first time that I've had problems with him, in Year 12 trials (2 years ago) he got upset at me because I didn't tell the time of our maths exam time after the exam. He got upset at me - because i didn't tell him the time (was it 9am or 1pm?). Dude... WTF?? You didn't ask anything to me and plus thats your own damn responsibility since each of your teachers handed out rosters of the exams almost every day of the week before the trail week. Got pissed off at him for being so inconsiderate.
Give him the choice to make- to remain friends or not. Save all messages and convos you guys have so if anything happens you have evidence. It sounds he's not emotionally stable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)