problems with the pill (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Yeah, mine says 12 hours... but once, I took it about 8 - 9 hours late (because I'd run out and had to dash to the chemist for a renewal first thing in the morning), and I'd already started spotting. Arrghh!!

Anyway I SHOULD use condoms as added protection, because one of my friend's friends got pregnant whilst taking the pill, too...

alby

cool duckie
HSC
speaking of spotting....i havent been late or taken them really late (within a few hrs..not the next day), but i've kinda been spotting for the past couple of days. i had my period last week, but there's been a few days between the end of that bleeding and this spotting. any ideas?

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
mine says 12 hours too. it doesnt say it wont work after more than 12 hours, it just says that it "may not work as well"

i take mine around the same time every morning after i brush my teeth! its a good way to remember!

the chance of having a baby while taking the pill (correctly) is extremely low, you have a 1-2% chance. i have a friend who thinks she had a 'pill baby' ....however, i think it was just because she wasnt taking her pill at the same time every day!

lesson: take your pill at the SAME time EVERY day if you dont want a baby!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
alby said:
speaking of spotting....i havent been late or taken them really late (within a few hrs..not the next day), but i've kinda been spotting for the past couple of days. i had my period last week, but there's been a few days between the end of that bleeding and this spotting. any ideas?
Hmm how long have you been taking the pill for? When i first started taking it, I spotted like crazy for the first two or three months, which is normal. Sometimes it still happens, and my doctor said there's nothing wrong with it... you should see your doctor if you're worried though, Manda

alby

cool duckie
HSC
started taking it in dec or jan...never had any problems.
not overly worried (not enough to see a doc anyway)...its just a drop or 2 of blood when i wipe myself..nothing on my liners

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
yep it is... lik ppl that get ure gf's condition and there is a whole family of conditions tat mean u cant take it.. even smokers over 30 shouldnt take it cos of risks

the time thing is just about making sure u remember but its good to keep it within 1 hr for birth control regulation... but if ure on it for other reasons then its not too much of a worry.

the go to a doctor quickly signs:
- swelling of ankles, calves, etc
- pain anywhere.. chest, calves, thighs abdominal
- skin looks yellow/ itching, pale stools
- heavy bleeding

hers sounds realli bad.. she should see a doctor.. it might not be related to the pill tho... but it sounds lik there is a problem... best to get it checked out soon
oh no i meant she has already been to the doctor and he told her it wasnt safe for her to take the pill. she has never been on it
i do wish she could though, condoms are not reliable either :(

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
When I first started taking Estelle I got a lump in my earlobe, which grew larger and turned black/blue. I think it was a blood clot. I stopped taking the pill and it went away. A month ago I started on it again and I got a similar lump under my chin, so I stopped taking it again, went to the doctor and switched to a lower dosage.

Moral: be very careful, especially with higher dosage pills.

And I don't think it matters if you don't take it at the same time each day, there is a 6-12 hour window.

And the worst that can happen is that you get your period early/spotting.

Remember to keep up your iron intake, because I got terribly anaemic from getting my period three times in a month because I was really sick and kept vomiting up the pills.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
unless you're using shitty ones or lube-esque stuff that's going to make it break, condoms are pretty reliable

kaylz

HSC
kazan said:
my girlfriend started taking the pill last week

and as soon as she started taking the non-sugar pills, (she took them at about 9 at night) the next morning she would wake up with her heart racing and not being able to breathe, she went to wash her face and started throwing up.

the next 2 days this happend aswell

anyone know anything that could help
?
cheerss
That's fairly normal. Any time you mess with hormones you're bound to have some sort of reaction. Once I missed two pills and I nearly fainted at school, was nauseous, clammy and kept vomiting. It increases your blood pressure generally, too. I remember feeling pretty dirty when I first went on it. She'll be fine. If she's not, then go back to the doctor.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
alby said:
unless you're using shitty ones or lube-esque stuff that's going to make it break, condoms are pretty reliable
something that isnt 100% is not reliable in my opinion

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
alby said:
Not really. If I've had three break, what kind of pretection is that? That is why I am going to continue on the pill, low dosage, because I am not simply relying on condoms, as they do break.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i've never had one break...i dont know that many people who've had them break without doing something to make them thinner

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
oh manda you see right through me ;)
*punches shoulder affectionatly*

but yes manda all condoms can break. it happens

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
alby said:
well what's 100% then?
Condoms and the pill is the most effective.

And Im sorry, I know some people swear to me they know people who have got pregnant while on the pill, I can't see how that can happen. If they take it every day you'll be protected, then when you take the sugar pills you are still protected because you are on your period.

Unless someone who has actually become pregnant tells me so, and how it happened, I still wont believe all these "I knew a girl who took it everyday and still got pregnant" stories.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
well as i had it explained to me, some girls are simply chemically immune or resistant to the pill. as was the case with this girl. the doctors said that the pill wasnt working for her all the time and she just got unlucky at this particular time

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
She should have realised this though, when the yellow and white pills stopped inducing her period.

However, that is unfortunate.

The worst thing about the pill for me is that it made me considerably fatter.
The best thing was, well, contraception, and also huge boobies!

Hooray!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)