procedure to take 5 subjects during a semester...? (1 Viewer)

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
I wanted to ask if anyone has done 5 subjects during one semester, if yes, what is the procedure to this? Do they allow you to do 5 subjects without any major hustle? I was thinking to take 2 business and 3 IT subjects.

decypher

HSC
I'm at UOW so things may be different at UTS.

We can do 5 subjects without approval. Just enrol as normal.

To do 6+ needs academic approval (i.e. signed off by sub dean).

UTS would be similar.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I heard that you need to provide a reason for doing it, i.e. it is your last semester before you graduate etc.

Best thing to check with FIT.

maka

HSC
Huratio is correct.

I was going to do 5 subjects this semester. They have a box where it asks you why you need to overload.

In this box, it is best to tell them why you need to overload and also how you intend to cope with the increased study load.

It is true about needing to complete a certain amount of credit points with high enough marks before an e-request is granted.

Best idea is just send an e-request and all they can do is knock it back.

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
Huratio is correct.

I was going to do 5 subjects this semester. They have a box where it asks you why you need to overload.

In this box, it is best to tell them why you need to overload and also how you intend to cope with the increased study load.

It is true about needing to complete a certain amount of credit points with high enough marks before an e-request is granted.

Best idea is just send an e-request and all they can do is knock it back.
well, they rejected my e-request and said the following...

"The Faculty only allows you to exceed credit points if you are in your final semester and due to graduate. You are only in second year, so exceeding credit points is not permitted. If you wish to catch up, please consider taking a Business subject over the summer semester at the end of the year."

I wanna finish my degree two semester earlier than planned!!

DO you guys think if I go to some academic advisor and explain them my reasons , they might be able to do something for me?

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
well, they rejected my e-request and said the following...

"The Faculty only allows you to exceed credit points if you are in your final semester and due to graduate. You are only in second year, so exceeding credit points is not permitted. If you wish to catch up, please consider taking a Business subject over the summer semester at the end of the year."

I wanna finish my degree two semester earlier than planned!!

DO you guys think if I go to some academic advisor and explain them my reasons , they might be able to do something for me?
You can try, but you will probably get the same response.

you could do this..
"please consider taking a Business subject over the summer semester at the end of the year"
and also overload in your last semester, which might shorten your coursetime..

maka

HSC
You could potentially get away with it if the subjects are only offered in one semester (Autumn/Spring).

They dont usually like people finishing their degrees earlier as a reason unless it is your last/second last semester and you need to do 1 subject to avoid a pointless 1 subject semester,

I suppose it depends on your major and what reasoning you offer.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
sup guys, i may be forced to do 5 subs during this semester as well. if i can't do the 5 subs i'll have to take up winter/summer school if i plan to graduate at the end of the year. what do i have to do to enrol into a winter school subject? it's too early right now isn't it?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
sup guys, i may be forced to do 5 subs during this semester as well. if i can't do the 5 subs i'll have to take up winter/summer school if i plan to graduate at the end of the year. what do i have to do to enrol into a winter school subject? it's too early right now isn't it?
You should check the timetable to see what subjects are even offered in the winter/july session... Not many are offered at all.

https://mysubjects.uts.edu.au/aplus2009/aptimetable

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
i just wanna do something to take up my elective credits. do i have to enrol now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)