Process for changing timetable? (1 Viewer)

jenecis

HSC
Hey! I'm a first year student and I have had a couple of my lectures/tutes, but I want to change some of them. Provided that there are still vacancies, do I need to inform anyone that I'm changing my tutes? And is there a deadline to change them?

Thanks in advance!

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Hey! I'm a first year student and I have had a couple of my lectures/tutes, but I want to change some of them. Provided that there are still vacancies, do I need to inform anyone that I'm changing my tutes? And is there a deadline to change them?

Thanks in advance!
Most deadlines are this friday. To change swap the subject for itself on myUNSW, and it should be straightforward from there on. Best of luck :)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/resources/KeyDates.html

Information on the latest date that you can re-enrol in courses/switch tutes (which would be Census date).

You can just change your tute and the roll the tutor gets would be updated. Just tell the tutor (in your new tute that you changed to) that you recently swapped into that tute if your name isn't on the roll.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
also never use the drop option. Theres no guarantee you'll get back into the course.

jenecis

HSC
also never use the drop option. Theres no guarantee you'll get back into the course.
Haha. Good point. Anyway, I've changed a lecture and tute and I'm happy with my choice. Not only does it fit better, but the lecturer and people there seem interesting and engaging. Roll of a dice really.

franklhy

HSC
Haha. Good point. Anyway, I've changed a lecture and tute and I'm happy with my choice. Not only does it fit better, but the lecturer and people there seem interesting and engaging. Roll of a dice really.
it seems that it really depends on our luck whether we get a good lec/tut/lab?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
no, if you plan it out on paper with your goal in mind you usually end up with the most useful timetable.

franklhy

HSC
no, if you plan it out on paper with your goal in mind you usually end up with the most useful timetable.
most useful timetable?

nono i mean like, there are may be more than 1 tutorials, lectures, labs, etc for just 1 course. but we certainly won't know which class has "better" and "more engaging" students right. so thats why i think it all depends on luck

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont really plan it on paper. i just remember the times which ive used up and which days i can plan it on. but i always plan to have it on 3 days and also late starts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)