Procrastination, hmm... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doink

Clone
HSC
Seriously, just get summaries off the previous years students, as well as their english essays, study for maths and you are sweet. Don't waste time writing summaries when the syllabus hasn't changed and the previous years dux will be more than happy 2 sell them im sure.

TOP TIP: study now then once u get into uni you will be able to procrastinate all you want, it will even be expected of you.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
jcurry said:
thats how every single english essay i have ever had has been, it would be too easy with notes cause youd have the layout perfect and all the quotes and stuff
We had an inclass english assessment today.
Allowed one A4 sheet of paper - could be double sided.

I sucked at it!

Someone mentioned just writing the whole thing out on the sheet of 'notes' and then copying it to your sheet, as we also ahd the question and knew the extracts.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
flaming.robo said:
no, you are the definition of a dick sucker
Far out, your so cool.
how does one become as cool as you??

Tonight: Procrastiniting, biology exam tomorrow.
i think

bassistx

HSC
I have (or had, rather) a Bussiness Studies assessment (financial planning and management - topic 2) worth 15% (7.5%) at 8 o'clock this morning. Then off on an all-day excursion from 8:45am onwards (because the assessment and excursion clash, I have to do it before school starts).
So I'm not at school. And I'm not on the excursion either.
I procrastinated to the point where I didn't put up the stupid financial ratios up on my wall to memorise until 10:30pm last night.
By 11pm I got side-tracked. I started reading an Italian Grammar book and then Spanish magazines. Come 11:15pm and I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up.

Knowing almost nothing about topic 2, I decided not to show up.
I wonder what will happen on Tuesday (we have a long weekend, remember?).

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
bassistx said:
I have (or had, rather) a Bussiness Studies assessment (financial planning and management - topic 2) worth 15% (7.5%) at 8 o'clock this morning. Then off on an all-day excursion from 8:45am onwards (because the assessment and excursion clash, I have to do it before school starts).
I procrastinated to the point where I didn't put up the stupid financial ratios up on my wall to memorise until 10:30pm last night.
By 11pm I got side-tracked. I started reading an Italian Grammar book and then Spanish magazines. Come 11:15pm and I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up.

You might get in trouble?
You will need a doctors cert?

cs01001

HSC
It's easy, just walk into a clinic and tell the doctor that you have a massive headache and you need a doctor's cert for school, works a treat! :)

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-kendall-x
All our assessments at my school are due before 8.55am otherwise we lose 30%. That's always fun =|

Ours are due at 3.15 or automatic 0 unless the teacher specifies an exact time.

adriana08

HSC
our assessments all have to be handed into the office and signed in before 8.30am or else we lose 10%...

bassistx

HSC
I did just that!
I ran into the medical centre and told the doctor I was throwing up lol.
It was funny, I tried so hard not to laugh and sound sick.

"So, when was the last period?"
"Are you single?"
"Not in a relationship with anyone?"

Come on, mate! Just ask it straight out: "Did you get knocked up?"
"No, Sir!"
"Okay. You're not pregnant."
"Cool."
"Yep."
"So can I have a note for school?"
"Just for today?"
"Emm.. Yeah."
*takes note*
"Have a nice day."

EDIT: I still haven't studied anything lol. That grammar book is molto interessante.

cs01001

HSC
bassistx said:
I did just that!
I ran into the medical centre and told the doctor I was throwing up lol.
It was funny, I tried so hard not to laugh and sound sick.

"So, when was the last period?"
"Are you single?"
"Not in a relationship with anyone?"

Come on, mate! Just ask it straight out: "Did you get knocked up?"
"No, Sir!"
"Okay. You're not pregnant."
"Cool."
"Yep."
"So can I have a note for school?"
"Just for today?"
"Emm.. Yeah."
*takes note*
"Have a nice day."

EDIT: I still haven't studied anything lol. That grammar book is molto interessante.
:p

HSC
LOL hahaha!

Ok, please assist.

I have no problems in these subjects:
General Maths [breeze!! acing it]
Biology [going pretty darn well, know my stuff]
Art [no problemo at all hehehe]
Ancient History [pretty darn well also]

However, I'm just going "okay" in Advanced English; I dropped Extension 1 a fortnight ago, and my English teacher is a dreadfully difficult marker.

I do extremely well without bothering to study, though mainly because there is no time for study; I don't really have a social life, that's not in the way at all.

How do you think my UAI will go?????? My careers advisor is obsessed with TAFE, she gives almost no other info, and the teachers don't want to say anything in case I stuff up.

I won't take this as a "yes, you WILL get this". It's a guide to improvement.

xdemi101

HSC
haha procrastination
i have my half yearlies in a week and havent really started studying yet
tommorrow!

and at our school assessments have to be in by recess or 20% off, second day a further 20% and 3rd day 0. so it's pretty lenient.

nugget01

HSC
i've started a bio assessment on genetics a week before it's due and it's turning out pretty good i think. problem is, i've got an english task soon on bnw / blade runner and i haven't started. i just can't get motivated with english at the moment.
anyone the same?

jackattack

HSC
N/A
bassistx said:

cool

hope u get 0

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
Our english speech on imaginative journeys is due on the 28th, this friday and then we have half yearlies starting the monday after :(

I really should write my speech today.

bassistx

HSC
Apey MatrixElf said:
My careers advisor is obsessed with TAFE, she gives almost no other info
lol Same.

I still haven't studied for that Business assessment. I've also got an English one tomorrow. Yeah, I'm probably gonna get around 0.
Shrugs.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
bassistx said:
lol Same.

I still haven't studied for that Business assessment. I've also got an English one tomorrow. Yeah, I'm probably gonna get around 0.
Shrugs.
day off + dr's cert

D:

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
I love going back to school after the weekend and monday morning before school starts always consists of myself, and around 4 of my other friends sitting at our seat all discussing how bad we feel for not doing any work on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)