Profanities? (1 Viewer)

matt88m

HSC
N/A
Would it be ok to use profanities in a short story? My story is based on a football hooligan and his 'journey', and they are pretty synonomous with that language... Wouldnt be every 2nd word, just here and there.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
For her speech, one of my friends used Amiel's "Lovesong" as a related text, and she referred to lyrics in the song (which included the F word etc), and everyone was fine with it. So it should be acceptable, but it's probably better to check with your teacher first.

2 Dea

HSC
It depends on who is marking it, if its just in school, ie in class or an in school assessment then you should ask your teacher. If its for the HSC then you should try not to, as you wont know whether the person marking it would take offence to swearing, eg a nun from a Catholic school.

lollee

sweet as
HSC
as long as there is a context for it it doesnt matter which essays you write it in school or hsc but there HAS to be a reason for it to aid in characterisation is a reason so go for it and keep in mind that in the hsc your mark depnds on at least 2 sometimes more peoples opinions so the odds of getting 2 nuns who dont follow protocol by not being biased are pretty slim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)