Progress Update (1 Viewer)

tendays

ickle firstie
HSC
How far are all of you along on your Drama Design journey?
it's almost midnight, my mood ring is red and i have work to do.
What have you still got to do?
Anyone not started yet?
Anyone got anything to vent about their progress (or redhaired teacher?)

I'm up to the final scetches.

Gummy_bear

HSC
holy moly! your up to your final sketches?!?! ive only just got my basic idea and i still havnt worked out what style i want yet. thats crazy. you do know it doesnt have to be done for a while yet right? what are you gonna do for the rest of the year?
goodness me, id better get going *starts writing furiously in logbook* argh!

tendays

ickle firstie
HSC
Yes, I'm well aware of the copious amount of time we have left to finish it.
However, the assessment task coming up this monday requires me to have completed a significant portion of it, including what should be the beginnings of the renderings. The next assessment is in week two of next term, when it should be finished for showcase night.
My aim is to get the majority of it finished in the next few weeks, put it on hold for a little while I do some serious work on my English Extension Two major work (which I haven't really started- the reflection statement is due in four weeks) and then put polishing touches and write up the final copy of the rationale, redesign the preliminary scetches I'm submitting with it almost ready for submission by the beginning of term three, giving the oil paint I'm using a little time to dry (lucky it's been rather quick drying before)
Today, I hit the 100th page in my logbook, and have a copious amount of work to do, and the way I see major works is that what is put into it and the final product should reflect almost a full year of solid work. I know they don't expect a masterpiece, but when we have such an ammount of time leaving it to the last minute isn't wise.

annaj

HSC
rationale

wow you sound like you have it all under control! what play are you doing?
i am kinda confused about the rationale!!! I have been told that u do a 300 word rationale that clearly states your intentions and approach taken for the costume designs regarding the play and then you write a direrector's concept/vision of the play! Is this what people are doing? i think im on the right track with my rationale

I have just stared my renderings!

kristie87

HSC
tendays said:
How far are all of you along on your Drama Design journey?
it's almost midnight, my mood ring is red and i have work to do.
What have you still got to do?
Anyone not started yet?
Anyone got anything to vent about their progress (or redhaired teacher?)

I'm up to the final scetches.
ROFL. Wow, theres that dreaded journey concept again. And the good old red mood ring. Mine is currently black and the redhaired teacher is occassionally an idiot.

But yeah, it's been a long and tiresome design road full of procrastination and spontaneity. As you know, i had the poster design done 50 years ago. It's been trial printed and is going off to the printer again after i use the trial one for the trials. the program is done, needs to be proofed with one page left to complete. Needs to be draft printed before being printed in hard copy. The flyer has been designed and is ready for printing. And that's all thats left in the design process for me and now all i have to do is complete a good copy of my rationale and write a 500 word media article and im good to go! I must say i'm very impressed with my progress, i thought i would be struggling pretty badly due to my procrastination, but im all good for this IP. Now i just have to stress out about my Art major work, which i have no actually thrown together since i last spoke to you on msn which was a couple of hours ago, and all i need to do is get it all printed and get the wood and piece it together. ROFL. No more stress for vis. art.
Seriously, me and my artistic spontaneity. I love it! Go us!
(EE2- urgh, dont get me started on that. complete re-write in order; haven't started. real stress attack)

Skitzo

HSC
Omg .....

Who else is finding, costume design pretty strenuous? Well most definately me, due to the fact that Blue Murder is a bitch, to figure out. It took me a while but finally l can see clearly now the rain is gone .... errm well yeah its a lot easier to comprehend then what l thought it would be. So the entire thing is due next week and l'm starting the main skecthes now .. well painting them that is. Along with my PIP, and group performance l'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed. Who else is doing Blue murder for their costume design?

haggles

HSC
my current problems/where i'm up to:

- i'm doing twelfth night, (4 major: Olivia, Orsino, Viola and Olivia again, maybe Malvolio also.)
- my teacher's a hack (he says he's done drama since the beginning of the hsc, and yet, hasn't had ANYONE doing costume design. now, *why* do i find that hard to believe?)
- i've done a whole log book of "research" and drawings and it's basically a giant scrapbook...
- i've started my second book, which includes the 4 (or so) other costumes and the rationale (which i haven't done yet...)
- haven't done the final ones yet...

questions/queries:

- does our log-book get marked by the hsc dudes? or not? (cause i have a serious problem with my CRAP teacher - that whole thing how he's negative and a filthy, stinking liar....)
- ummm.... the whole thing with.... I'M GOING CRAZY!!!! why, oh WHY did i choose two subjects with major works?!?!?! (eng x 2 + drama = mental breakdown)

- hey, it's due in 25 days!!!! TWENTY FIVE DAYS!!!!!!! (right after trials, how fun?)

that's all for now, but if i think of anything else that makes me want to cry, i'll post it here, that's for sure...

bye. good luck everyone!

Gummy_bear

HSC
unlike performance, our log books do get marked, actually, i think they more look at them for a while at our progress etc.
im doing twelfth night too, olivia on mourning, viola as cesario, maria the maid and the fool. ive completely done olivia nad viola, but i want to start agin because i think the costumes are way too plain. im gonna make them a bit more detailed. so im just gonna redo the actual costumes and stick them on the original renderings.
i really am stressing, i saw another girl in my classes renderings (we have 4 doing costume) and hers are AWSOME! my are year 9 work compared to hers.
im also a bit stressed about the fabric. its so hard to decide which would suit best, and plus at the local lincraft i go to, if i ask for a fabric swatch they give me a bit no bigger than a 20 cent piece, so im gonna have to pay for more fabric! argh..

and my log book is hardly even half full coz i thought i knew what i wanted when i started, but now ive change my mind and i have 1 week until the trials, so i have to do it all really soon

and PLUS our drama teacher took our log books for 2 weeks during the holidays! that had ALL my stuff in it, so i was stuffed for the holidays and they wont give us an extension! argh!!

other than that, im fine :)

Skitzo

HSC
For costume l'm having to do 5 preliminary skecthes consisting of Eve1, Eve4 Blue, Lyle and Roy. A total of 6 major sketches including Eve 2, Eve wedding dress, Leura, Rose, Angel and Blue.

I've drawn them up, and have the costume sussed out its just a matter of typing up the theory part of the assessment. The thing l am a little cut about is that numerous people l know are doing a total of 4 major sketches all up whilst l have to do 6, along with the 5 prelims...... damn teacher!

So yeah ultimately l am pretty happy about how things are going, especially that l have finished the research needed for the play! the scariest thing l have to deal with would be the trials, another damn!

Gummy_bear

HSC
Ive finally got all my designs done, i only have to colour them and mount them, thank goodness! except, i only have four and a half days to do them due to trials. i also have to write my rational and have to redo my design concept coz my teacher doesnt like mine! i have done 2 prelim sketches and know what ill do for the other 2. im jolly now. i also have most of the fabrics, but i need to get one that is detailed with marron and gold design, and ive having some trouble fanding that. but im still quite good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)