property assignment (1 Viewer)

iwannarock

HSC
im done

i hope nobody like nicole graham is marking it.

ooooooooo this essay is pure shite.:bomb:

HSC
nice one iwr!!! congrats babe!

and u're awesome to have on board for moral support - u're my leave it till the last minute buddy!

i've nearly finished - got about one page left to go

iwannarock

HSC
scarecrow_of_oz said:
nice one iwr!!! congrats babe!

and u're awesome to have on board for moral support - u're my leave it till the last minute buddy!

i've nearly finished - got about one page left to go
you can doooooooooooo it.

go ninja go ninja go!:ninja:

mine only goes about halfway down the final page. its around 2350 words but. i figure its enough.

im guessing with 7 pages the word could is about 2500 or close?

HSC
nice one that's great - 7 pages is meant to be the absolute max, so if u can do it in less that's cool - halfway down the page is prolly perfect.

i'm already up to over 2500 - nearly done the 7 limit but not yet finished - will have to do some major editing at some point

iwannarock

HSC
hey guys the results are up.

under unit content now.

i heard the rumour going around that 45% of people failed. it really had me worried. i mean in 1st semester when they said 30% of people failed i was like "hmmmmmmmmmi might be in that 30% i think.......but i could be lucky and dodge the bullet".

but now in property 2.............45%...........:bomb: ............i must definetly be in there. infact i would be the first person to be thrown in there.

but alas...........the rock n roll gods must favour me greatly.............again.........even more so this semester.

a credit!.............in propety law 2!..............after i only wrote 6 and a half pages............not even using the full 7..................no wai!

you know before this i was actually thinking it was time for me to go..........i was seriously thinking of deferring for a year after property 2 because i thought i was destined to fail. (especially since i sit in tutes absolutely clueless.......:confused:)

now...........unless theres been a mistake in the mark........im totally inspired to pass again. theres still some fight in me yet. so now if i can pull through and learn 9 weeks of material in a week inbetween const essay and property exam.

i hope you guys did fantastic.:wave:

im off to bed.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
oddy, the powers of the Jerry overlords have blessed you!

HSC
well done iwr

i got a pass - there goes honors. bye bye. let's all wave at it as it goes past.

fuck - i spent so long on that damn essay i thought it was so good
iwr u used theories too didn't u? can u send me ur essay - i want to see where i went so very wrong :(

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Oh scarecrow, that sucks.... But p=degree, and you still have time to pull your GPA up for honours! And dont you have to do a research project to even qualify? There is still hope sweetie!!!

... I got a HD. 27/30. Dont know how. Crazy. They must have been drunk when they marked it. But now I'm inspired to do well in the exam.

HSC
congrats mj that's awesome well done!!

i don't know i'm going to be able to pull it up in time by now - man this is depressing - so demotivating as well, can't seem to make myself study or write the const essays at the moment. too busy alternating between wallowing in self pity and plotting to kill whoever marked my essay

iwannarock

HSC
woah well done mj.

scarecrow its not over yet. the exam is worth 60% right? and also since a lot of people will probably fail on raw marks alone this semester again there will probably be some scaling up. if you do well in the exam you'll still get a distinction. you caaaaaaan doooooooooooo it.:wave:

i used some theories in mine. i used glover mainly......and then in turn finn (because glover quotes him in his articles).

i'll send you my essay once my brother gets off the other computer because its on there.

but i dunno why you'd want mine when we have allstar HD MJ to learn from.

mine will probably just make you think "how did this stupidhead get a credit for this garbage".

HSC
thanks guys, i'm pretty cut about it but i guess i'd better get over it fast if i'm going to get these const essays done and still have time to study for property

what questions are u two doing?
i'm doing one and two

just wracking my brains now over how to approach the first question - a little confused over the whole 'merits' idea - does that encompass the facts of the case, the outcome, or the facts pointing towards a certain outcome (or all of the above)?? man i've got no confidence in my ability to do anything at the moment - damn it this is going to make for an interesting exam period

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I know the feeling, you just cant be bothered, and just think "fuck it all". Crawling into a hole would be good.

Sigh. So crap.

Doing question 1 and 2, but thats about all the work I've done. I have a few things to read about it, the merits review seems a lot easier than the proportionality one. So I'll pump that one out first. Will post an answer to your question once I've done some reading!!

Woot! Const is so gay. Cant wait to kiss it goodbye!!

HSC
yup the crawling into a hole and dying thing's just what i feel like right now, but i think i'll stop whigning before u guys e-stab me.

with regards to what u said on 'appeals' mj (thanks btw) do u have any idea how i'd find gisele (my tutor) to get my paper back? i don't have my tute until thurs and would really like to get that damn paper back before then

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
scarecrow_of_oz said:
with regards to what u said on 'appeals' mj (thanks btw) do u have any idea how i'd find gisele (my tutor) to get my paper back? i don't have my tute until thurs and would really like to get that damn paper back before then
Aren't they on Cameron's door (or in the law office?). Coz that way you could get it, and see who marked it for sure... I know that Sandy wasn't allowed to mark any of her students work, because she said that most tutors (including her!) are prone to narkiness when marking their students work. So, you might find that it was either her or Shayne, rather than Gisele who marked it (which would lose you more time waiting until Thursday to find out).

If they aren't on Cameron's door, give him a call, or e-mail him, and tell him you want the hardcopy to see who marked it (and start the ball rolling).

p.s. complain all you want; I agree, it is a crappy decision, especially if it was all due to bloody Glover! e-stab him, I say!!! :chainsaw: We could never e-stab you. This is what we are all here to do for each other! :)

Off to watch some funky french movie about call girls and other cool french things.

iwannarock

HSC
hey scarecrow i sent you my essay if you still want it.

and for const im definetly doing question one. not that i've done research for it yet but it looks ok.

still havent decided what other one i will do.

atm i'm more worried about property 2 exam. shayne said cameron put in tough tough hypotheticals.

:eek:

HSC
thanks so much guys you're both total champs

tough hypotheticals???
gisele said they were straightforward and unproblematic - no surprises?!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Thats what Sandy said today, too. And, if you look at the 2006 exam, all Cameron has done is take bits and pieces from each weeks hypothetical, and strung them all together. My plan is to write out a nice comprehensive answer to each hypothetical, and take that in with me.

With regards to the essay, Sandy said to focus on Cotterall (sp?), possibly things to do with unconscionability, and Quistclose developments. But she hasnt seen the exam, so thats all she could really say.

iwannarock

HSC
hmmmmmm maybe shayne is just trying to scare us. im hoping there just like the example ones she's given us.

yep she said cotteral articles are good to know for exam too.

iwannarock

HSC
alright...........i opened up word and am beginning on q1.

i plan to read stuff as i go so right now i know nothing.

hopefully by the end of this essay it'll show the marker i do know something.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Ugh. I started on Friday... I 'researched' on Thursday, and have kept on researching throughout.

Which q's are you doing? I'm doing q1 (which nearly killed me, because I had too much 'research') and q2 (which I thought was going to be hard because there is nothing in the text, but its going well because there isnt much written on it!).

Have v.v.v. rough drafts of both down. But both are utter crap, really. I think a P will be in order. Oh well... it might average me to a C.

I will be so happy to see the end of this piece of shit unit. 9 months of this is hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)