Proposed ban on toplessness at beaches (2 Viewers)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
MPs want topless, nude bathing banned on NSW beaches

TOPLESS bathing would be banned on mainstream beaches in NSW under a conservative push to reclaim the sand.

With women increasingly going au natural, conservative powerbrokers from all sides of State Parliament yesterday supported a ban on topless bathing.

Local councils currently don't fine or prohibit topless bathers as they do not regard bare breasts as nudity.

Liberal powerbroker David Clarke and Labor MP Paul Gibson yesterday vowed to support a Bill by Reverend Fred Nile that would ban nudity at popular beaches like Bondi, Manly and Coogee. Support from both sides of Parliament increases the Bill's chance if it goes to a conscience vote.

"The law should be clear. It must say: 'Exposure of women's breasts on beaches will be prohibited'," Rev Nile said yesterday.

Councils have the power to fine people for bathing nude, but Waverley Mayor Sally Betts said yesterday topless was not nude: "Nude is when you've got no clothes on."

Police can fine people for indecent exposure if they get naked in public.

Labor MP Paul Gibson said topless women made people feel uncomfortable.

"If you're on the beach do you want somebody with big knockers next to you when you're there with the kids," he said.

English tourists Lisa Clarke and Laura Dawson, both 32, have sunbaked topless on almost every continent and along most of Australia's east coast. They were at Coogee Beach yesterday.

Ms Clarke said no one ever seemed to take any notice: "I don't see what the big deal is."

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
only on women who haven't had kids and/or tits who aren't saggy

everyone loves looking at nice perky breasts

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
hey man it's pretty fucking simple

u dont want big knockers sitting next to u at the beach?
dont go to a fucking nudist beach

fuck off anyway, theyre only titties. their sole purpose in life is to feed and nourish babies, what's so fucking "dirty" about them

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
katie tully said:
hey man it's pretty fucking simple

u dont want big knockers sitting next to u at the beach?
dont go to a fucking nudist beach

fuck off anyway, theyre only titties. their sole purpose in life is to feed and nourish babies, what's so fucking "dirty" about them
as a parent i'm happy to let my 8 year old son play videogames where he uses hookers & then kills them

coz it saves me from having to pay attention to him

BUT IF HE SEES NIPPLES

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
I find seeing old crispy men in budgie smugglers offensive. Far more offensive than breasts.

These people need to take a step back and assess what issues should be on the front page of the paper.

rasengan90

HSC
"If you're on the beach do you want somebody with big knockers next to you when you're there with the kids," he said.
Yes. Yes I do.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Calling them knockers isn't a particularly great way to start your crusade. We all know Fred Nile is an insignificant nutjob, so just ignore him.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Fuck this, I'll move to France...

We should embrace public nudity! Stupid fucking SOCIAL CONTROL, oh well what can you do, these people are operating with the best map of reality they have, we can only open up their mind to new possibilities:

For Instance, If I were Fred Niles-

- I'd scrap the topless ban and push for a law allowing bottomless nudity as well
- Nudity, nudity, nudity EVERYWHERE
- Free distributions of the Kama-Sutra
- Nude TV commercials

But oh well, what can you do? The only people pushing for bans are those that need the laws as they can't hide their boner everytime they see a topless girl.

Would anyone vote me in?

bigb0yjames

HSC
i am yet to figure out how the fuck fred nile even got into parliament. im not joking. HOW? who voted for him? WHO? this isnt the states. this is AUSTRALIA.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
bigb0yjames said:
i am yet to figure out how the fuck fred nile even got into parliament. im not joking. HOW? who voted for him? WHO? this isnt the states. this is AUSTRALIA.
"He has a small, but stable base of followers predominately conservative catholics and protestants from North-Western sydney (source: Fred Niles, wikipedia)."

lol i just laugh, we all have our views, but it would be nice to keep religion/politics separate. I mean, at one point you have Christian Fundies going nuts over nudity/homosexuality/ etc and then further south you have Islamic clerics blaming the drought on our lack of faith in "Allah".

I mean, THE MAP IS NOT THE TERRITORY

Anyway...

I thought we voted politicians in to actually work on core issues: building education, health services, increasing our resouce supplies, reducing crime etc

Its a funny world.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The laws regarding nudity are pretty vague; enforcement inconsistent.

Scissors

HSC
god, please don't allow this preposition to go through. please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)