Prospero's imaginative journey (1 Viewer)

AlyssaMe

HSC
hey,

for my english assignment I need to talk about Prospero's imaginative journey and how he changes through this. Im really stuck so if anyone could help I'd be very grateful

thankyou

amyayrton

HSC
This is fairly basic but its what i started with..

at the start of journey prospero was too focused on his own private study. he was preoccupied with magic and allowed his brother to usurp him from his dukedom. he neglected both his duties as duke and his people. he enslaved ariel and caliban and is a hard character to like

experiences along journey suffers 12 years of exile for his selfishness. his capacity for merci is tested when he forgives his enemies. he grants ariel freedom. returns sovereignity of island to caliban. relinquishes his own magical power to return to milan.

destination of journey
resumes his duty as Duke of Milan. now more aware of the responisbility of power. prospero grows in wisdon, not just from learning but from life experience. he shows kindness and forgiveness, suggesting that he will be a more humane leader. developes a 'nobler reason' and control over his grosser passions -- governs himself before he governs others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)