protection help (1 Viewer)

lollipoplisa7

HSC
hey could someone just explain this to me please

why would an outcome of reduced protection be a decrease in inflationary pressure?

thenk u.... :)

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
okay so if protection is reduced, that means there will be more imports... as the Current Account Deficit will increase, and would dat increase interest rate to improve CAD, as a result of increasing interest rate... it will decrease inflationary pressures.. lol i dunno.. i was just typing out what i'm thinking atmz..

wait, but if there's more imports then outputs... yeah .. dat's rite ... if deres more imports.. the government will try and slow down the economy so it will purchase less foreign goods and as a result, inflation will drop ... yepz .. =P

Cityboy

HSC
A decrease in protection would mean a decrease in the price of imported goods, meaning a decrease in the cost of the regimen, which in turn causes lessened infaltionary pressures.

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
Cityboy said:
A decrease in protection would mean a decrease in the price of imported goods, meaning a decrease in the cost of the regimen, which in turn causes lessened infaltionary pressures.
Yeah haha I was reading about dis like 2 hours ago.. how without protection, the price of imported goods will decrease.. lol .. oh I'm gonna fail tomorrow..

know_it_all

protection gone...reduces overall level of prices (no more tariffs etc to artificially raise them)...= lower inflation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)