Psy 238(Intro to psycholinguistics)vsPsy 239 (Appetite:psych of eating and drinking) (1 Viewer)

uh_huh2

HSC
Hey,

Has anyone done any of these subjects? I'm not sure which one to pick, they both seem interesting. What are the assessments like for each?

Thanks,

I hope you are enjoying the holidays

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
the psych of eating a drinking?! wtf? is that a new subject?!
psycholinguistics will be linguistics based, so don't do it if you can't stand models and theories of reading, syntax, language acquisition, language disorders

uh_huh2

HSC
yeh i think it might be. The appetite subject seems more interesting and fun.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I did psy238 (also known as ling214 in the linguistics department). You basically learn about how humans acquire language, comprehend speech and produce speech. I wouldn't really recommend you do it, but if you are, you should really doing ling110 as a prereq. Hope this helps!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
the psych of eating a drinking?! wtf? is that a new subject?!
psycholinguistics will be linguistics based, so don't do it if you can't stand models and theories of reading, syntax, language acquisition, language disorders
I bet there's a fair component on anorexia/bulimia, with tutes involving insecure women talking about how society is pressuring them to be thin...yawn.... j/k, I know those are very serious issues.

Last edited:

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Psychology of Eating and Drinking? Sounds interesting. I think it is new because i don't remember that in 2nd year:/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)