Psychology Degree Questions (1 Viewer)

melodic_gal

HSC
Hi All

i am strongly thinking about doing a psychology degree to become a registered psychologist.
These are the universities I am interested

Charles Sturt University
Macquarie University
UNSW
USYD
University of Wollongong

Just wanted to ask is anyone doing or have done a psychology degree which university or universities would you recommend ?

;)

_tahlia

HSC
I'm not doing a psych degree but I did do PSYC1001 and 1002 at USYD. You should choose USYD. Otherwise you will miss out on the wonders of Lisa Zadro. In all seriousness, the lecturers for PSYC are really good.

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
UNSW>USyd>Mac>UoW>CSU
Old post, but...

Best in Australia for Psychology is University of Melbourne (Ranked #8 in the world)
Best in NSW is University of Sydney (Ranked #11 in the world)
(UNSW is ranked #33)

And _tahlia is not wrong about Dr. Lisa Zadro... she is f***ing amazing.

ag12

HSC
N/A
Old post, but...

Best in Australia for Psychology is University of Melbourne (Ranked #8 in the world)
Best in NSW is University of Sydney (Ranked #11 in the world)
(UNSW is ranked #33)

And _tahlia is not wrong about Dr. Lisa Zadro... she is f***ing amazing.
Sure thing if you want to believe research ratings that are based on international academics being able to name universities in Australia as a big chunk of their rating process. That's why UNSW did better than USyd in Australian ERA ratings based on metrics of research rather than memory games, and also why unmoderated ratings of Australian Universities (before they delete these answers from the poll) reveals the third best in the country (overall) is the University of Brisbane, which of course is non-existent.

As an aside, Lisa Z qualified at UNSW (BSc Hons and PhD) herself. May have some bearing on where the best training is given.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
melodic_gal, the best advice I can give you is to visit each of the Psychology Department website and see what subjects they offer within the discipline of psychology. This is so you can see which Department offers the most interesting subjects to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)