psychology @ uni (1 Viewer)

patchy20

HSC
hey anyone i was just wondering if anyone is doing a bachelor of psychology and did not do any sciences at high school...is it hard? is it a bad idea doing psychology with no sciences?

el_weasle@hotmail.com

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
I didn't do science, neither did my girlfriend, or most of the other people in my degree. It is totally not necessary.

Also, with relation to the above post, you dont have to be great at English and Maths. Of course it helps, because you'll spend your life writing research reports and essays, and you'll have to do stats. However, my girl didn't do maths for the HSC (in fact, she dropped it in year 10), so dont give up hope if it isn't your strong point. Additionally, the maths you learn in high school is almost irrelevant, because its stats, not maths. They dont even teach stats in the HSC course, so, when you do get to uni and do stats, it will be a totally different experience to your HSC maths.

Hope this helps :)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
patchy20 said:
hey anyone i was just wondering if anyone is doing a bachelor of psychology and did not do any sciences at high school...is it hard? is it a bad idea doing psychology with no sciences?

el_weasle@hotmail.com
thats exactly the thing that i had wondered (and was worried about) when i picked psychology. Trust me, you do not need to have done any sciences at school to enjoy and go well in psychology. Also, what skittled says, most maths is irrelevant when it comes to statistics, which you learn in uni. In fact, the most relevant maths would be General HSC Maths, where you do standard deviations and averages, but you learn all that from the very begining in university. In terms of English, i dont think you have to be good at English. Maybe the critical thinking part of english mainly. So to answer you question, its not a bad idea at all to do psychology with no sciences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)