Psychology @ UWS (1 Viewer)

uh_huh2

HSC
HI guys,

im just doing my universities selections and i am hoping to get into psychology.

is there anyone who is currently doing psychology at Western Sydney who can tell me what it is like.

I want to get a student's perspective.

thanks

HSC
im doing two psych units this semester, its allright, pretty interesting, some things are easy some things are difficult to get your head around, but im not doing b psyc, i heard alot of 2nd year b psych students drop out of the course, so i figure it gets pretty difficult and stressing but if its what u wanna do.

studynoob

HSC
N/A
hiphophorray123 said:
im doing two psych units this semester, its allright, pretty interesting, some things are easy some things are difficult to get your head around, but im not doing b psyc, i heard alot of 2nd year b psych students drop out of the course, so i figure it gets pretty difficult and stressing but if its what u wanna do.
yeah its hard cos its all psychological yeah it suck it all sucks everything sucks come on guys come over and we'll do some weed! :0

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
i gotta say i hate psych but thats just my personal opinion and most people i know love it...actually thats a lie...most people that listen in class love it...for those of us who dont listen and have attention spans of 2 year olds, we hate it!

uh_huh2

HSC
hmm

im in yr 12 .... not 11

cuz i was thinking of putting uws as one of my preferences.

does anyone like it? good lecturers etc?

HSC
i meant studynoob not u

the lecturers are cool tim griffin who is the psych of health lecturer isnt boring, i dunno how guy curtis (who does psych 1B and 1A) is because i havent been to a lecture of psych 1B all semester so far (god damn sleeping in :p)

HSC
uh_huh2 said:
so would you recommend the Bpsych?

i can only go off by the fact that im doing 2 psych units this sem, and i do enjoy and psych is very very interesting but from what people have told me it gets REALLY hard and the dropout rate increases during 2nd year for bpsych.

But this is only MY opinion don't let it deter you i do not know you or know what you want to do and how you want to do it.

by the way, i got my first psych of health essay back today about problem gambling....distinction yay

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
hiphop isn't really a reliable source.. :rolleyes:

i do social science, majoring in psychology. we do the exact same units as B psych. it's been relatively easy so far.. 1st year always is. Guy Curtis is the co-ordinator and a mad lecturer. funny guy. B Psych is only held at bankstown campus, though. to be a registered psychologist you gotta do 4-6 years of uni in total or something like that..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)