Public Holidays (1 Viewer)

wil123

HSC
Just wanted to ask if anyone knows for sure whether or not universities close on public holidays throughout the year, more specifically UNSW. Say for instance you had tutorials on that day etc, what happens?

Cheers

litany

Helpfool
HSC
Generally speaking, UNSW closes on public holidays, but also expects you to attend another classes' tutorial/lecture if your tutorial/lecture was scheduled on the public holiday.

litany

Helpfool
HSC
Welcome :) Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions and don't want to bother opening a thread.

wil123

HSC
BigDik you wanna meet me somewhere to sort this out champ?? We'll make the time and place public as an open invitation for all on the forum to come and watch.
Let me know..

erm

HSC
BigDik you wanna meet me somewhere to sort this out champ?? We'll make the time and place public as an open invitation for all on the forum to come and watch.
Let me know..
fight! fight! fight!

BigDk

HSC
Let me know..

yeah but if i make a time to meet, you may get confused as to what happens if its a public holiday :haha:

Last edited:

BoyNextDoor

HSC
Generally speaking, UNSW closes on public holidays, but also expects you to attend another classes' tutorial/lecture if your tutorial/lecture was scheduled on the public holiday.
Serious? Hope that doesn't apply to my uni!
Where can we find info about this.......?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Just wanted to ask if anyone knows for sure whether or not universities close on public holidays throughout the year, more specifically UNSW. Say for instance you had tutorials on that day etc, what happens?

Cheers
Yes, haha after all it's a Public Holiday!

Tutorials/pracs are either rescheduled provided no clashes (rare, since they usually plan to get around the public hols, then again it depends on who you have, etc), you may have to go to another prac, tutorial or lecture, sometimes their cancelled for all students in that unit or taken in other forums e.g. extra notes/work given online, etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)