Pursuit Of Happyness (1 Viewer)

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
From Greater Union:

"Pursuit Of Happyness M
(Infrequent moderate coarse language)

Released: Thursday, 11 January 2007
Struggling to make ends meet, a single father (Will Smith) and his five-year-old son are evicted from their apartment and must endure many hardships, including living in shelters in pursuit of his dream of a better life for the two of them."

Anyone want to see it?
I can't waitttttt to watch it. GO the fresh prince of bel air. :p i reckon will smiths awesomeeee. and yeah, the plot sounds pretty interesting.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
That synopsis sounds hell boring and cliched.

But the ads and trailer look good so I might go see it. No my kind of movie but it looks good and I like seeing Will Smith in serious roles even though I loooooove the Fresh prince of Bel Air LOL

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
OH DEAR GOD IS IT THAT FREAKING HARD TO SPELL FUCKING HAPPINESS?

I MEAN REALLY! ARE THEY RETARDED? WHO THE HELL DOES THAT?

Now that I've gotten that rant out, the only thing I will ever think when I see anything for this movie is how stupid they are for misspelling happiness.

Fucking idiots. I'm not going to see it because they misspelled it and it looked sort of good until I saw the damn title.

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:

Now that I've gotten that rant out, the only thing I will ever think when I see anything for this movie is how stupid they are for misspelling happiness.

Fucking idiots. I'm not going to see it because they misspelled it and it looked sort of good until I saw the damn title.
This angered me greatly also. However, I have heard that apparently there is a reason for that spelling that is explained in the film... or something... :s

xx__savannah

HSC
zoesnotannoying said:
This angered me greatly also. However, I have heard that apparently there is a reason for that spelling that is explained in the film... or something... :s
I think the movie's adapted from a novel and in the book there's a scene with kids at daycare misspelling 'happiness' and the narrator saying that it doesn't matter how it's spelt as long as you are happy.

I think this movie looks pretty good. I'll most likely be seeing it.

konstantine'

HSC
I was planning to go watch it on Tuesday but just realised it's not out until 11th lol. I love Will Smith man. Still hot @ 38 :shy:

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
indeeeed. will smith the BOMBBB...

and wow. its awesome to make a movie with your actual son! :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Tulipa said:

Are you alright?

Seriously. I'm pedantic as all hell but how can anyone be so dense as to think they just mispelt it for no actual reason?

konstantine'

HSC
timlay said:
indeeeed. will smith the BOMBBB...

and wow. its awesome to make a movie with your actual son! :p
the kid in the movie is his actual son? FO' SHIZZLE? I had no clue man

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Sarah168 said:
Are you alright?

Seriously. I'm pedantic as all hell but how can anyone be so dense as to think they just mispelt it for no actual reason?
I don't care if there's a reason, it's just a retarded thing to do.

I can understand that there is one. But really when kids these days can barely spell why give them more reason to fuck it up?

You are obviously not as pedantic as me when it comes to spelling.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
yeah..

never get the 'inspired by a true story' crap.

that means its NOT a true story. jeez.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I saw it today. I thought it was pretty good. The story has obviously been changed a bit to make the movie more interesting but plenty of it is true. You will understand why happiness is wrong when you see it. I won't ruin it for you by saying anything else.

SharkBait

HSC
oh god...wot has come over me. i was in the cinema watchin 'babel' the other night and this trailer was one of the previews.....i wanted to cry just watching the trailer!!! the bit in the preview where will smith and his son is sleeping in the toilet and someone bangs on the door, and will smith sheds a tear.....OMG SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

i am soooooooooooooooooooooooo dying to watch this film. have a feeling that i will really appreciate it. and this just may be the film that i cry in.......for it has been too long since i've done just that.

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
Yea, i agree wit all of ya. Will Smith is the bomb, and this movie looks great!!!

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
haha . funny.

in other news. the movies out today. anyone watched it yet? :)

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
I hope to go see it very soon :)

btw, the film was inspired by the true story of Chris Gardner. (lol watched Oprah how lame :p)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
AppleXY said:
I hope to go see it very soon :)

btw, the film was inspired by the true story of Chris Gardner. (lol watched Oprah how lame :p)
Yeah I saw it on Oprah too, daytime tv...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)