Pygmalion (1 Viewer)

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
Hey is anyone else doing pygmalion? we're doing it n comparing it to a play, my fair lady n pretty woman. we have to read ORT so if anyone else has ideas please let me know!

HSC
yup, doing pygmalion/my fair lady/ pretty woman for ext..what do you mean by ideas?

-s2-

HSC
lol ur both in my school and in my grade .. u2 have names?

HSC
N/A
Hahaha it's called PM's or MSN or something, you guys.

We're doing it for EE1- appropriation stuff as well. Some classes are doing the myth, Pretty Woman, etc.

nizum

HSC
hey, so what appropriated texts are good? cause i dont want to do a mainstream movie sooo....help???

cccclaire

HSC
My extension class is doing Frankenstein as an appropriation of the Promethius myth.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Lol, I did Pygmalion last year. It's so easy. You'll love it. <3
We looked at the films 'Maid in Manhattan' and 'The Princess Diaries' as related texts. I also used 'Memoirs of a Geisha'.

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
im doing an assessment and the question is

The comments on relationships between a male and a female in teh Epilogue of Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion, are interesting and give us a perspective that is not in line with Ovid's poem. Discuss...

Anyway i'm having trouble trying to work out Ovid's context and why he is commenting upon Galatea's and Pugmalion's relationship the way he does!

Does anyone know anything about his context???

Helpme!!!!!!!

HSC
N/A
We did pygmalion last year... what was the movie we watched.....:confused: . Don't remember!

But anyway what you do for ORT is you think of a theme you pick a text you know that has that theme and rave on about how they are related... Emperor's New Groove (yes the disney movies) for example has... The manners part, class system... transformation of character... etc. Just make it up and anything works.

Plus the amount of tv shows that have done some sort of appropriation is so ridiculosly high... the simpsons had one, someone said family guy had one and the list continues... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)