Q for ladies (and guys wit fashion sense) (1 Viewer)

darcho

HSC
N/A
OK, I have rembrandt black pinstripe pants, the pinstripes not being all that predominate, but still noticable, just not as salient as pinstripes may b on other suits. I was thinking of wearing these pants with a plain black jacket (and of course a white shirt)...what do u reckon? is it ok to mix pinstripes with plain? or should i go and buy the very expensive matching jacket?its for the yr 12 formal, so does it really matter that much?

HSC
N/A
hrmm....

I think you should go with the matching jacket :(

Although if you're not going to be wearing the jacket all that much, you could almost go jacket-less... or is that a male faux pas? *has no idea*

alby

cool duckie
HSC
matching jacket & pants > striped jacket & plain pants > striped pants & plain jacket

jacket-less with striped pants might look a bit weird

Always

HSC
If you're going to be wearing mismatched pieces don't make it look like you're trying to match, if you catch my drift.

Either get the matching jacket or go for something different altogether.

Lainee

HSC
If you're going with the B/W pinstripe trousers definately, a different coloured jacket looks cooler if you're going to be mismatched anyway. Depending on your complexion and whether you can pull it off, I'd say a solid coloured jacket (e.g. base red, sky blue) and contrasting inside shirt. If you can't pull it off (ie. you're not use to a mismatched look) buy a matching pinstripe jacket.

jaykhu

HSC
i dont think you should do that mix and match thing man, and Lainee, if he does go for somethnig like that its gonna have to be done REAL well, or you'll end up looking a bit ridiculous. If in doubt, get something matching.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Buy black pants.

Pin striped is generally more for business.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
buy plain pants. or a pinstripe jacket. only do the 'deliberate mismatch' thing if you're sure you can do it without looking like a tool.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
OK
IM GIVING YOU ALL THE OK OPTIONS U CAN WEAR AND THE ONE I RECOMMENED YOU TO WEAR

1. if u must wear the pinstrip pants wear a black jacket and white[plain} shirt tucked in .this is the only if i have to option
2.wear the pinstrip pants and white shirt with out the jacket ONLY VERY NICCE AND CASUAL
3. BUY A PLAIN BLACK PAIR OF PANTS TO GO WITH THE JACKET AND WEAR A COLOURED SHIRT LIKE RED , PINK, BLUE , GREEN ALL HOT COLOURS
4 wear an all over black suit including black pants ,jacket and shirt
5. the whole pinstrip suit but really i dont think it will look hot and if u look back at yourself in ten yrs from now u dont want to go "omg what was i thinking" stay with some thing fresh and hot i rather 3. and 2 but 4 may lookk hot if u have the whole " pwoooh thingy goig on"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)