Q6. 2003 Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

willbur

G'Day all.

G'day today in class we were doing the 2003 HSC Paper. Got to Q3 and everyone got this one wrong. Now our class and even teacher think there is something wrong with this question. The Question is;

Ports A and B are used to connect peripheral devices to Macintosh and IBM-compatible PCs. Port A is the same on both types of computer. Port B looks different but has the same function on both types of Computer

Ok, there is a pic but yeah i couldn't be bothered to scan, Basically Port A is a USB and Port B is a PS/2 Mouse and Serial Mouse port.

which is correct?
A) Port B can use longer cables than Port A
B) Port B cannot supple power to the peripheral
C) Port B can allow hot swapping of the peripherals
D) Port A is slower and therefore can be daisy-chained.

BOS says A) is correct. I cannot find a correct answer amoungst those but i decided on the flip of a coin over C and B.

What is the real answer? i cant believe it could possibly be A) the cables are longer!!

greatapoc

HSC
A is correct. In general terms, the cable length can be longer for port B. I'm going with A only because the others are definitely wrong.

sinist4

HSC
greatapoc said:
A is correct. In general terms, the cable length can be longer for port B. I'm going with A only because the others are definitely wrong.
yep, i agree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)