QMA aye. (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I got it I think...

The thing which probably screwed most people over is 4 variables. The trick is that the Adelaide and Melbourne plant required "exact" numbers (well that's how I interpretted that question) and from there, you can rearrange and subtitute where you would've had a second set of variables.

Can't remember the Q exactly, but I remember I let x = number of units from Plant A which goes to Adelaide and let y = number of units from Plant A which goes to Melbourne. Since Adelaide and Melbourne were the ones which had set requirements (I think it was 40 and 35 from memory?), you could rearrange thse to figure out how many from Plant B would go to either Adelaide or Melbourne.

Sorry if I'm not making any sense ><

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
ahhh its all a distant memory now, filed away everything; i just remember that that LP question wasn't like the past 3 years one; they were so much easier ><"

volition

arr.
HSC
Yeah, it's possible to do it using logic, but I don't understand how to do it using LP and constraints.

K, plant A can send to Adelaide and Melbourne at 100 and 60 dollars respectively. Plant B can send at 120 and 70. Adelaide needs 40, Melbourne needs 35. Plant A can make a max of 50, plant B can make a max of 55.

Using that information, just assigning stuff where it is cheapest, it goes like this:
Send 40 from plant A to Adelaide (because it's cheaper this way), send 10 more 'cheaper' transported engines from plant A to Melbourne (which means that now Plant A is maxed out at 50). So Melbourne needs 35, and we've sent them 10 so that means they need 25 more, which can come from plant B.

This means the minimum was (40*100)+(10*60)+(25*70)= $6350

Last edited:

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
For QMA there is no scaling, you get what you get. You fail if you don't get above 50%.

You guys better hope that you passed because there are plans to make the course harder. Shifting material from QMB into QMA, mainly probabilities and adding assignments and tutorial homework checks. When this will be implemented I do not know, but it will definitely be next semester or next year - with high chance of it happening next semester as it is smaller numbers just to test things out.

Also there is an expectation that many people will fail because of the drop in UAI required to get into commerce/economic degree.

Last edited:

bshoc

HSC
N/A
I FAILIED

FAILED

I need 24 marks and im probably not gonna get even that .. if only i had one full day of stady b4 qma ffs ... HD, 2 Destinctions ... so good ..and my last one is a fail ... i HATE QMA AHHHHH

</rant>

maybe if enough of us fail they'll make us sit a retest just like they did in my friend's phys class .. we can only hope .. othawise cya all next sem @ QMA ...

ahhhhhhhh

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
redslert said:
For QMA there is no scaling, you get what you get. You fail if you don't get above 50%.

You guys better hope that you passed because there are plans to make the course harder. Shifting material from QMB into QMA, mainly probabilities and adding assignments and tutorial homework checks. When this will be implemented I do not know, but it will definitely be next semester or next year - with high chance of it happening next semester as it is smaller numbers just to test things out.

Also there is an expectation that many people will fail because of the drop in UAI required to get into commerce/economic degree.
Damn Dave, I'm scared.

I hope none of you went to pass.. cus if you did, that means nothing they taught helped :s

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
meh, l'll just attend all tuts/lectures and do work/study then

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
volition- I think I misread the question. >< Can't find my sheet but I remember in the exam I drew out a little diagram with the costs of each plant to Melb/Adel.

Eagles said:
Damn Dave, I'm scared.

I hope none of you went to pass.. cus if you did, that means nothing they taught helped :s
I attended your PASS class once and learnt that funky differentiation.

phrred

HSC
redslert said:

r u sure? is that the same with all core subjects?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)