QMB vs QMA (1 Viewer)

Qwedst

HSC
Just finished QMA and was wondering how much harder comm/eco people found QMB. I heard one guy got distinction in QMA then a pass in QMB which is not a good sign. Also how much calculus is involved and what sort of assignments are there

ZabZu

HSC
I found QMB easier than QMA but it depends on the person. There is no calculus in QMB. It involves statistics, probability, etc.

However, I found QMB extremely boring. After 3.5 years studying full-time at UNSW, it is the most boring subject ive done. Obviously I hate statistics, so again it depends on your interests.

My tip is try to do well in the mid-term and the assessments because the final is very hard.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I didn't like QMB...

I left the tute work to the last minute, which was a huge mistake. Ended up with a DN.... For QMA I kept up with the work and got a credit =/. QMB is easier when you get on top of all the content.

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
qmb is more boring, but easier

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
personally i reckon it depends on the personality and type of a person (as someone has mentioned). like me, i dislike cold hard symbols and theoretical things that you learn like normal distributions and correlation coefficients etcetc - it just doesn't make that much sense to me if you question it. so either don't question it or don't do it lol.

whereas with qma, its much more problem solving using mathematical formulae and applying it to mathematical scenarios/problems, which i found easy. so again depends on the person.

most people prefer one very distinctly over the other. like i loved qma but horribly horribly detested qmb (seriously, if i have to teach qmb pass again this sem im going to shoot someone) omgggg

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
shoxgeneration said:
personally i reckon it depends on the personality and type of a person (as someone has mentioned). like me, i dislike cold hard symbols and theoretical things that you learn like normal distributions and correlation coefficients etcetc - it just doesn't make that much sense to me if you question it. so either don't question it or don't do it lol.

whereas with qma, its much more problem solving using mathematical formulae and applying it to mathematical scenarios/problems, which i found easy. so again depends on the person.

most people prefer one very distinctly over the other. like i loved qma but horribly horribly detested qmb (seriously, if i have to teach qmb pass again this sem im going to shoot someone) omgggg
ur a PASS leader? who are you?

ud know 2 of my friends

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
haha, names?

well i taught one qma and qmb pass class last semester... does that help at all? ;)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
pm me ur name if you don't want to xxxpose yourself to everyone :shy:

edit: took out their names, omg don't tell them i'm talking to you on here
edit2: sup sxxxxxxxe?

hilariously i've actually met you before.. you probably don't remember but on o-week i was like "omg u do PASS? do you know xxx??? she's my friend" and you were like "i dunno i haven't met everyone it's still training". i was in a pink careers shirt.

if you aren't sxxxxxxxe, oops :shy:

Last edited:

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
haha okay so confused. sorry got off last night :p
well it seems like something i would say however, there were so many pink careers kids, it's kind of hard to remember? lol

why would i tell you that i was doing pass randomly during oweek?!

well, what's your name? ha!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
/whispers: uhawww...pppssttt dooooo herr.....she wants you bad....DDOOO HHEEERRR....

yinyin

HSC
N/A
errr... jst pass qma dont wanna think abt it~~~

snake1224

HSC
Actuarial Maths FTW!!!

lol

I heard from my friends that QMA is really hard... half of them failed it. Good I'm not doing it haha

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
dont you mean that your glad that your not doing it rather than "good im not not doing it?"

because i dont think it is a required subject for actuarial anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)