Quality music has run low ? (1 Viewer)

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
There are but 2 new releases from the 90s that were good that was Pink floyds Division Bell (94) and Page and Plants record (in 98)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
spiny norman said:
You're trying to argue the music was bad and yet use examples of some of the greatest songs of all time!?

The only time all music was good was the late 60s. Plus the 80s, where a lot was bad, but in a really guilty pleasure way.
Yeah. Snow was the best. :rolleyes:

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
well...ignoring the rubbish that is techno and dance music (burn in hell i say!!!! BURN!!!!!) I think the late 90's was a great era for pop and ballads. Apart from the boy bands, there were great singers like Whitney and Mariah, which really did a lot for the pop ballad..."I will always love you" anyone? And although she is bagged a great deal (and her recent music is kinda crap) don't forget Britney Spears...and then of course...there was Madonna...need we say more?

but music evolves and changes constantly... here we are half way through the noughties, and there is some pretty good music, you have to admit.

but ultimately it depends on your taste in music doesn't it? :)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
The 80's is my era!!! almost my entire downloaded music collection consists of just 80's music. Cyndi Lauper is my hero!!!

but as for todays music, the only person i really love is Delta Goodrem. Other than that, oldies all the way! :p

fakingtheday

HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
lol 90's isn't old music..
i listen to like 1920's jazz and stuf. man that shit rocks :D:D
Django Reinhardt ... Represent.

I would say its there just harder to find because of media propaganda and idolisation of preppy pop bitches like Hilliary, Britney, Christina and Guy (all of which i would do any day of the week) which has been crammed down the media-majorities throat like a dick in britney's mouth. (i apologise for crudity). Look at the Polyvinyl Records Record label. That is good stuff.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
shellybelly087 said:
The 80's is my era!!! almost my entire downloaded music collection consists of just 80's music. Cyndi Lauper is my hero!!!

but as for todays music, the only person i really love is Delta Goodrem. Other than that, oldies all the way! :p
Cyndi lauper is pretty good

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
lol i used to love listening to my dad's morrisey cds when i was like 5 or 6....... dunno why, i just did lol

LETTERMAN IS ON!!!!!!!!!

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I dont like that many bands from the 90s now that its over actually. I still listen to The Pixies (though they are more 80s I spose) and the Smashing Pumpkins however.

The 80s is where its at for me big time. I love what was going on in England at that time with bands like the Smiths, Joy Division and the Stone Roses.

I agree with you on todays music though. Mainstream music is fucking atrocious. There are a number of good active bands, but they are really small - Im thinking bands like Xiu Xiu and Frog Eyes here.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Casmira said:
I think im the only one who likes music primarily from the 1990s, seriously like there is very few songs i like that was made recently compared too what i like in the 1990s

does older music seem too have more of a feel? more originality?
Most of the time old music is all I ever listen to - nothing after 1990. Much better than 90's+ music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)