Question 1 (1 Viewer)

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
contour lines in the background of text one, links to geography and the possiblities of the journey, spanning across maps

blue_eye_baby

HSC
yukky....i thought that it was more directed towards inner/imaginative journeys....not a strong link to physical journeys which i needed.....i have no clue in how i went, i thought the 3rd text was very ambiguous. I usually blitz this section too :(

but i did know it was a brain:)

Jexi

HSC
damo676767 said:
for the first text, did anybody else not realise that he was standing on a brain

at first i tought it was the world
Its not a brain. Its a sphere with all those words that are parts of the brain. Basically a cross between the globe and the brain. As long as you said something like the globe represents the 'open mind' or whatever the title was then you should be fine. But brain also works too :p

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
damo676767 said:
for the first text, did anybody else not realise that he was standing on a brain

at first i tought it was the world
Damm, I had no clue it was a brain. I used the hand pointing to his head for that one anyway.

Overall, pretty easy texts. The art review was easy to get techniques out of (language, imagery, similies, paradox etc.)

littlebinzy

I thought it was ok, although I didn't really like the texts. My 5 marker was shit, I think I just wrote everyone I wrote in the earlier three marker again...

BiG_P

mR_BiG_P
HSC
N/A
i hatedd it

omg i didnt like this section..yee i wrote alot n shit!..but i dun fink i went the best!..i fink that book would be quite interesting tho!...

i didnt like text three!!
but let sjus hope fo rthe best!

Kean

HSC
I didnt like this section either. I like to analyse poems that have alot more language techniques in them compared to the crappy ones we had today, they were to basic.

I also noticed it was a map of a brain. I said that they were different characteristics of the brain mapped out, like the early explorers the composer is charting new found territory.

Girra_girl

HSC
I didn't like this Question...is it too late to burn my paper and run away to join the circus? =(

sly fly

HSC
I absolutely hated it and found it hard to link the concept of the journey with the first two texts. Btw, was there a simile in text 3 - something to do with a skateboard rink.....I mentioned that twice and didn't even know whether it counted as a simile. Grrrrr

*Section 2 was great though :)*

HSC
it's ok

xrtzx said:
lol me too i thought he was like standing on top of the world and and i said that he was thinking outside the world he was living in.
I think i mentioned that it's like a globe, but is a brain (did i mention the world brain...? I think i said it was a collection of human attributes..whoops), I liked the "funky" feeling of the person's head collaged in.

This section's ok, except that I ended up ranting on sth and got sidetracked...and lost some time..

Kd14

HSC
I thought the 1 mark question on the art review was too easy, then I realised in the end its referring to the whole text.. not only the specific line mentioned.. o_O

Nonetheless, I did alright I guess, the 5 mark question consisted of bull.. Oh well..

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
goan_crazy said:
aww, I said it was a world too...
not a brain! :mad:
There is no one interpretation of the image. I said it was a brain. It could well have been a globe (which I also thought it may have been). Provided you link what you think the image to be with the title, you'll get the mark ;)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I wish they published the "Mind Wide Open" cover in colour in our exam...I know it'd be far more expensive to print, but it would allow for a far greater exploration of techniques esp. with all of the different colours that are used in the actual cover.

HSC
N/A
i like my interpretation:
the enlarged head is a symbolism of the mind expanding nature of journeys

HSC
N/A
i like my interpretation:
the enlarged head is a symbolism of the mind expanding nature of journeys

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i hate section one, this was the worse of all but i did ok, not the best, i was expected something else like a poem with a image etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)