Question 10 CSSA!!! (1 Viewer)

coroneos

I overheard one of my teachers talking in that maths staffroom. He apparently was one of the people on the board for setting the 2U 2004 CSSA exam!!!

Orite i cant make sure exactly what he said but i heard it was on some progression or something, most probably in relation to AP/GP = sequencies + series!

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
good 2 no but i thought AP/GPs were going to be in there anyway!!

you could go mug him and find out the whole paper 4 us!!! go get em coroneos...

A

abdo

i heard it was gonna be a geometry question involving max/min...

coroneos

im not going to go up to that maths teacher tho man.. he is fukn freaky..

coroneos

nuh trust me... you don't want to be anywhere near this maths teacher!!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Even last year when the Catholic 2u trial was supposed to have been the hardest in years, I still managed to get 10/12, so it can't be that difficult.

kpq_sniper017

withoutaface said:
Even last year when the Catholic 2u trial was supposed to have been the hardest in years, I still managed to get 10/12, so it can't be that difficult.
i think my teacher have me that trial (or was it 2002) but i haven't had a chance to go through it....i'll c what i get if i do it on the weekend for preparation.

was it actually the hardest paper or hardest q10 of all time??
i'm guessing u got 118/120 then? :)

coroneos

umm 118/120 is like fkn impossible lol :p

i lost like 2 marks in question 1 once for a practice run of maths 2003 hsc paper under time condition..

i lost like 9 marks overall >_< 2 marks in question 1 !! omg im so stupid lol

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
i think my teacher have me that trial (or was it 2002) but i haven't had a chance to go through it....i'll c what i get if i do it on the weekend for preparation.

was it actually the hardest paper or hardest q10 of all time??
i'm guessing u got 118/120 then? :)
Nah, I got 105 which I was delighted with, but another guy in my class got 117. I lost most of my marks in the middle questions because somehow misread the clock and then panicked because I thought I didn't have enough time left and hence rushed and made silly mistakes. I dunno about the hardest of all time, but my teacher said it was harder than most papers in recent years.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I wouldnt be surprised if it is geometric progression in the form of consumer arithmetic because my teacher is also a writer this year and he gave us a harder question of this topic. Perhaps a hint?

kpq_sniper017

withoutaface said:
Nah, I got 105 which I was delighted with, but another guy in my class got 117. I lost most of my marks in the middle questions because somehow misread the clock and then panicked because I thought I didn't have enough time left and hence rushed and made silly mistakes. I dunno about the hardest of all time, but my teacher said it was harder than most papers in recent years.
if u were accelerating in 2u and ext 1, what mark would u be happy with for each? i.e. a good enough mark not to repeat.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
For 3u I would settle for 90+, 2u not sure, but if I could get a band 6 for 3u I'd definately be doing ext 2.

kpq_sniper017

withoutaface said:
For 3u I would settle for 90+, 2u not sure, but if I could get a band 6 for 3u I'd definately be doing ext 2.
suppose i didn't drop anything to do ext 2 (if i had to, i probably wouldn't do it):

hyopthetically, if i got 46 in ext 1 and 96 in 2u:
would i be better off getting 50-60ish in ext 2 (aligned) or keeping my ext 1/2u marks? coz this year, i'm really aiming to get 46+ in ext 1 which is y i'm studying quite hard (currently on ~91 for school assessment), but i'm not at all confident about doing well in ext 2...

IYO, could a high band 5/low band 6 ext 1 student get band 5/6 for ext 2?...right now, it seems quite impossible to me :( - but then again, maybe i'm worrying too much.

persephone

HSC
do you know what my school's doing for the trial? we're doing the cssa trial but because the 3 unit students in year 11 are doing it too we're only being ASSESSED on the first 7 QUESTIONS so basically they're telling us to screw the last 3 questions because they're not asesssable BUT it's a practice run so I dunno. I'd rather get a high assessment mark than answer the last 3 questions...

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
persephone, that sounds like a bit what they did at my skool in our english trial... they said 2 modules will count and the 3rd one wont. i wanted the practice so i did all three, but the assessable 2 had piority!!!

teachers some times!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
suppose i didn't drop anything to do ext 2 (if i had to, i probably wouldn't do it):

hyopthetically, if i got 46 in ext 1 and 96 in 2u:
would i be better off getting 50-60ish in ext 2 (aligned) or keeping my ext 1/2u marks? coz this year, i'm really aiming to get 46+ in ext 1 which is y i'm studying quite hard (currently on ~91 for school assessment), but i'm not at all confident about doing well in ext 2...

IYO, could a high band 5/low band 6 ext 1 student get band 5/6 for ext 2?...right now, it seems quite impossible to me :( - but then again, maybe i'm worrying too much.
I only just scraped into band 6 for 2u last year, and a 90 in 2u is roughly equivalent to an 81-82 in 3u. And what my teacher has told me is that there is a good chance that 9 people from our school will get a 4u band 6, and Im currently ranked 7th. So if you can get a low 3u band 6 one year ahead of the rest of the form you would surely be in with a good chance of a high mark in 4u, and remember, you can always drop.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)