Question About Double Major In Accouting + Finance (1 Viewer)

studymon

Happy Member
HSC
It says in the uac book that if i major in accounting i get the professional recognition as a CPA (full or associate membership according to subjects studied) as well as the 'eligibility for the professional year for the institue of chartered accountants in aus. (ICCA) (if all subject requirements are satisfied).

In addition to this, the book says that if i was to major in finance i would get the professional regonition for the 'Australian institute of bankers'.

Since i am planning in doing a double major (accounting + finance) for B commerce which lasts 3 years, do you think i would be able to meet the 'required subjects' that need to be satisfied in order for me to get the ICCA?

Similarly, am i eligible for the finance one as well?

Im really confused about what happens after you major in accounting or finance. It'd be really helpful if you could help me out in both =S
thanks,,
studymon

O2

HSC
hi, can i ask which uni you are studing in?

i am also doing bach commerce major in acc + finance. and according to my uni, i am able to complete enough subjects to major in accounting and complete the required subjects to meet the iCAA + CPA prerequisites and to also do a major in finace - 8 units.

studymon

Happy Member
HSC
I'm doing my bachelor of commerce at unsw, you?

nukewell

HSC
you should be fine

i did this at melbourne uni - double major and satisfied requirements for both ICAA and CPA in 3yrs - just look in your subject guide

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Make sure you know exactly which subjects are required. You can find the current "required" subjects at the CA/CPA websites respectively. This is important because at UNSW, you'll have to do some Business Law subjects that are not automatically part of an Accounting major.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Word of warning: acct/fin double major at UNSW has 0 room for leeway... i.e. every course you choose has to either go towards one of your majors or CA.

I think anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)