Question about eco notes (1 Viewer)

hap

HSC
I need a bit of help. Would someone be able to point me in the right direction for some notes in the resource section that have been adapted from specifically the Bulmer textbooks and the Riley textbook. It would be a great help :):)

gurmies

Drover
HSC
I'd say no such notes exist (freely). Firstly, it's very difficult to find good economics notes (not exactly sure why). Second, very few students/cohorts have access to John Bulmer's textbook.

gnrlies

HSC
Ive always found the obsession with Ross Gittins a bit peculiar. It seems that teachers peddle his articles in class, and because they are mostly editorial pieces he has a certain freedom that other journalists do not enjoy when reporting on other economic issues. He takes advantage of this freedom, and is quite deliberately controversial (in the same way as Andrew Bolt or Piers Ackerman - kind of like the shock jocks of print). So because he is left of centre, and writes with the HSC in mind, I suppose that explains why he is embraced by teachers. But god he is not. He is not even a good economist. He's just a journalist. Plenty more actual academics (not journalists) in Australia (and abroad) worthy of more praise and attention than him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)