Question about Frontline and telling the truth. (1 Viewer)

SureBluff

HSC
I know that you have to write about two related texts of your own choosing but how many different episodes of Frontline should you write about? I remember my teacher say that you should have 3 episodes of frontline in mind depending on the question but how many episodes should I write about?

passion89

HSC
Ideally 2 or 3 because if you have more you risk skipping detail and if you have only 1, you're not really showing your knowledge of the prescribed text as a whole. Have 3 that you know really well, and probably write about two plus 2 of your own texts.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
keep in mind though that although it is rare it is very possible for the Board of Studies to actually specifiy a particular episode. so it would be advisable to at least have a general knowedge of the other epsidoes just in case they chose to specifiy.

SureBluff

HSC
thanks, in our trials, we only have 40 min for each extended response. I'm thinking about 1000 words? I don't think I can write faster than that.

~ 100 intro
~ 200 frontline ep 1
~ 200 frontline ep 2
~ 200 own text 1
~ 200 own text 2
~ 100 conclusion.

how does that sound?

SureBluff

HSC
oh and wm, I doubt they'll ask you about one particular episode. in the past, they always had a list of texts that you can choose from, and the question is usually so broad that it fits all of these texts so that people doing justice game or birthday letters can also answer the question.

passion89

HSC
SureBluff said:
oh and wm, I doubt they'll ask you about one particular episode. in the past, they always had a list of texts that you can choose from, and the question is usually so broad that it fits all of these texts so that people doing justice game or birthday letters can also answer the question.
Just remember that there is a possibility that they could just for the sheer fact that they've never specified before.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
SureBluff, instead of splitting up your essay or your work by word limit, it would be wiser to split up what your going to write about by issue/topic. therefore you write however much is required to fully assess the issue in each paragraph. the weighting of a frontline episode should be slightly more than a related text which should be used to support the arguements you make in regards to the "truth".

In regards to the Board of Studies asking for a particular prescribed text they have done it before. They can specifically ask for a certain episode, or for a certain poem (in one of the other modules) for example. There is nothing in the syllabus that says that they wont/cant. yeh, they'll have a list of texts that you can chose from, but what if they specifiy.... keep in mind that they have the power to do so (and they have exerted that power before)

SureBluff

HSC
ok, I'll keep that in mind.

trials tommorrow ... 3 extended responses on the modules.

it's gonna be a looooong night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)