question about lectures/timetabling (1 Viewer)

speedofsound

HSC
ok if a certain unit has two of the same lectures available, do we get timetabled into one of them or are we just free to waltz into which ever one we want? or does it depend on the size of the lecture?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
waltz into which ever one you want, as long as you're not enrolled in a lecture stream because that could make your life confusing

speedofsound

HSC
waltz into which ever one you want, as long as you're not enrolled in a lecture stream because that could make your life confusing
great! thanks. what's a lecture stream? still a newbie with this stuff...

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

see how with the lecture, it says to attend one of those 2 classes, yet there are 3 times listed for each?

that means that those 3 are all linked with eachother (ie. follow on from previous lecture, etc) so its best to go to all 3 of those because the other stream may not be exactly up to date with the your one, so mixing lectures could mean u miss out on info.

but up to you.

jet

Banned
HSC
It's usually ok to switch streams but sometimes it isn't. There are subjects where lecture streams are paired with specific tutorials for special reasons.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Also, there are occasions where they decide to hold a quiz in a lecture rather than a tutorial (like the BIOL units) so if such a situation occurs, you MUST attend the lecture you are timetabled for.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, there are occasions where they decide to hold a quiz in a lecture rather than a tutorial (like the BIOL units) so if such a situation occurs, you MUST attend the lecture you are timetabled for.
UGH hell no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)