question about option topics (1 Viewer)

cccclaire

HSC
If a teacher chooses to teach an option topic you don't like, and you would rather study a better one, are you able to teach yourself the better option topic and do it instead?
Has anyone done it? is it advisable?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I was thinking of doing that for Biology - apparently we're doing the Human Story, but a brief look at the Genetics option made me feel that it was going to be more enjoyable.

But the problem is that (I think) the other Biology classes will complete the same option, and therefore our trial paper would only have questions based on the option that we have done.

But if you can balance two options and learn one effectively for your trial, and the other option for the HSC, go for it :)

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
I was thinking of doing that for Biology too!
Because my school we're doing Communication (HOW BORING :( lol) and the main reason I chose to do Biology in the 1st place was for Genetics haha enough about me whinging!

But yeah my Biology teacher told the class that you can teach yourself the other optional topic(s) if you didnt like the chosen topic.. though when your sitting for your trial or class tasks you obviously would have to study the topic the school has chosen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)