Question about the champions league group fixtures format (1 Viewer)

HSC
I was wondering why the CL group fixtures are structured the way it is..
e.g. for teams A, B, C, D

the fixtures are like
AB
CA
AD
DA
BA
AC

why can't the 'symmetry' be maintained..? so in the last 2 fixtures..why can't it be AC and then followed by BA?

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
I was wondering why the CL group fixtures are structured the way it is..
e.g. for teams A, B, C, D

the fixtures are like
AB
CA
AD
DA
BA
AC

why can't the 'symmetry' be maintained..? so in the last 2 fixtures..why can't it be AC and then followed by BA?
maybe cause UEFA and fucked Platini cant be bothered to do it. Though about the UCL, its great to see some formerly un-seen and future talent countries participating in the UCL; I wonder if FC Zurich can beat Marseille twice and knock AC Milan out in the group stages!!:devil::devil:

Last edited:

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
but there are no new countries in the UCL group stage - the swiss definitely aren't new.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
but there are no new countries in the UCL group stage - the swiss definitely aren't new.
yep; ur right; as through the editing of my previous post, i was trying to say countries u usually dont see in the UCL group stage are being represented, like eg. a few seasons back, teams like Debrenci (Hungary); APOEL; Uniao Leirea wouldnt be playing.

Its great to see this happen as this provides the bigger teams a chance to scout young players; gives the smaller clubs some much needed Revenue; can even prove to be difficult with their new tactics...(Anorthosis 3-3 Inter Milan...08 UCL) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)