Question for past HSCers (1 Viewer)

peony

How did you approach the exam, like did you do the essay first, then the mc etc and why ?

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
For me:

1. Multiple Choice
2. Short Answers
3. Report
4. Essay

I did this because i always do things in the sequence they are given...i dunno it's just the way i do it..though i didn't do this in Eng...cos i was adviced not to do so.

In my opinion..go the way u feel the most comfortable with--for Business Studies.

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
eesay
multiple choice
short answer

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
(i read and wrote for an exam)
i find that doing the multiple choice and short answers (for any exam not just biz) can stimulate the brain and get you thinking, giving you tips for the report/essay later on
but if u have heaps of ideas for the essay, write down notes on the first inside cover of a booklet so u can come back to it

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
i find that doing the multiple choice and short answers (for any exam not just biz) can stimulate the brain and get you thinking, giving you tips for the report/essay later on
but if u have heaps of ideas for the essay, write down notes on the first inside cover of a booklet so u can come back to it
so true sometimes the answer in multiple choice could help you out in a short answer question

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
Since in 2003 they didn't give "Global Business"...i had to apparently just make up a business and relate to the question...so yeah doing the multi choice and short answers gave me a bit more time to think.

If u do the Multi choice and short answers first...u'd be done with like more than half of the paper..then u have plenty of time (depending on how much u spend on the 1st 2 sections) to do the report and the essay.

From memory:
Multi choice : 30 Min (recommended time is 30 min- i think!))
Short Answers: 45 Min (they recommend 1 hour 15 min for this section)
Report: 55 min (recommeded is 35 min)
Essay 55 min ( " " )

AGB

HSC
1. Multiple Choice
2. Short answers
3. Report
4. Extended response

same structure as the exam...

is a roflcopter
HSC
if you want the times as well

essay 1 hour
multchoice 10 min
short answer 35 min
report 1 hour+

*hopeful*

HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
exactly the same except sumtimes i would read the essay n report questions and quickly jot down ideas but then sumtimes that would leave me thinking bout the report or essay while doing mc or wateva

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Reading time - getting distressed about how my beautiful global business essay/report went down the drain
Multi choice - 10 mins
Short answers - 50 mins
Report - 1 hr
Essay - 1 hr

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
1. Section 3 - Report - i memorised a report so it was easi to get it out of the way and build my confidence for the other sections

2. Section 1 - MCs - fast and easi, it builds ur confidence and accumulates extra time for the 2 other sections

3. Section 2 - SAs - when u get to section 2, u should have accumulated some extra time from section 2 and the MCs, hence you have more confidence for section 2, which may i add at times is sorta chanllenging... the extra time will def help u to think clearly abt the answers

4. Section 4 - prob the hardest section of the paper..... it takes a bit of planning..... i leave it till last cuz by the time u get to section 4 u will find u have more than the given time left... hence u can think properli without stressing much

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
depends on wat questions r in the essay

but i normally start with MC

then short answers

then i normally hv to skip some short answes coz i dont know them

so i start essays

then go bak to short answers if i hv time

HSC
I did it in order.

Multiple choice 5min (u do the multiple choice in reading time - by making an indent with ur fingernails muahahaha)
Short answers 35min
Essays 70min each

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by krayziekarnevil

Multiple choice 5min (u do the multiple choice in reading time - by making an indent with ur fingernails muahahaha)
LOL yeah, some teacher on HSC Help Line told me to do the same:D, but i didn't do it, it doesn't work for me. :)

Last edited:

hibs19

Always and seriously no matter wat approach ur exam in the order its put.. in this case
1. mulitple choice
2. short answers
3.report
4.essay
cos when u think about it the mulitple choice and the report and both out of 20 so why do ur report first when u can do ur multiple choice which practically is an easy shot at 20 marks?? so threat all sections equally do it in the right order and plan ur time!!! hope that helps good luck!!!:)

Jessisbored

HSC
i think its a good idea to do the short answers and multiple choice first coz they sumtimes ask questions that can relate to the report and essay so that means it helps you out a little by giving you ideas if you havent learnt your syllabus points...which you should know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)