question regarding aligning and scaling etc (1 Viewer)

Sammyyy

HSC
As I'm last in English adv in a rank 40ish school:
Last: 6/15
a lot of people on:8/15
3 guys on 9
couple on ten
couple of eleven
not much on twelve
3 on 13/15

the English teacher is marking my class bad compared to his class and will continue to happen FML. Now to the questions aha
1) How do they calculate internal marks based on my situation
2) Let's say my internal isn't good like 70's-80's but my external is good like 80-90, what happens to my final HSC mark

atar goal:91 but will be happy with 85+

siggy

HSC
They calculate the internal just the same as always. If you're marked worse you'll get a worse rank

DepressedPenguino

HSC
Ummm u can read other posts on internal and external marks.. I'm sure there is like plenty out there already :3 it works the same for everyone

charlottegoodma

HSC
A teacher wouldn't mark bad on purpose. Work on your English and write more practice responses. It's possible to improve: I was rank 60/220 78% after first assessment and I finished rank 15 with a hsc mark of 95

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniellemc

HSC
I'm having a bit of a problem at the moment
I'm on 12 units at the moment with standard English, general maths, legal studies, business studies, religion 2 and music. But my music teacher doesn't actually teach much and I really want to drop it
But my principle told me to reconsider my choices because the HSC takes your best 10 units so if I kept all my subjects I would have a fall back subject but if I dropped music I would have to do good in all my subjects.
So im not sure if I should drop music and focus on 5 subjects or keep music and just put along in it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated at the moment. [emoji108]

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
As I'm last in English adv in a rank 40ish school:
Last: 6/15
a lot of people on:8/15
3 guys on 9
couple on ten
couple of eleven
not much on twelve
3 on 13/15

the English teacher is marking my class bad compared to his class and will continue to happen FML. Now to the questions aha
1) How do they calculate internal marks based on my situation
2) Let's say my internal isn't good like 70's-80's but my external is good like 80-90, what happens to my final HSC mark

atar goal:91 but will be happy with 85+
Post your essay here and we'll see if it was worth a 6/15.

1. This really depends on what the lowest mark in the external HSC is. If the lowest is 80 for ANY person, then the you'll get an 80 for your moderated internals assuming your still last to the end of the year.
2. I answered partially in 1. but again, it depends on what the lowest mark for the externals is. If the lowest was 80 and your last internally, but you recieved a 90 externally, you'll get 90+80/2 = 85 final HSC mark.

Last edited:

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
A teacher wouldn't mark bad on purpose. Work on your English and write more practice responses. It's possible to improve: I was rank 60/220 78% after first assessment and I finished rank 15 with a hsc mark of 95

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must be a Ruse student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)