Question Time (2006) (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

ALEXANDER DOWNER: Mr Speaker, all of these issues are being canvassed before the Cole Commission, and we look forward to the Cole Commission producing its report.

(Inaudible question from Kim Beazley)

Well, they've been released by the Cole Commission, you halfwit!

SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE: Order.
ALEXANDER DOWNER: Mr Speaker, the suggestion from the Leader of the Opposition, who obviously didn't follow the hearings of the Cole Commission...

KIM BEAZLEY: Oh, we did.

ALEXANDER DOWNER: ... oh no, you didn't, you're too lazy to follow something like that.

you are a lazy idle man, who has not followed it, and don't know your job.

… and you wouldn't have asked a silly question like that, if you'd been following the Cole Commission.
That's hilarious, I saw the highlights on TV.

Downer is usually so dour and calm under the heat, as well.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
^I saw it too. I think it was consistent with the school-boy thing Alex has going on - How funny was his high pitched whine; nothing on the Beazley bellow

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Peter Costello clearly had a misspent youth: not in pool halls and pubs, but in front of the television. Yesterday the Treasurer jumped to attention when Kim Beazley was described as the "skipper" of the union movement in question time. Costello's mind leapt straight to the 1960s sitcom Gilligan's Island, which featured a motley cast shipwrecked on a desert island. He proceeded to name the Skipper's stranded colleagues: Kevin Rudd was the Professor and Nicola Roxon was Mary Ann.

"And whom will we christen Gilligan?" the Treasurer cried. "I think the member for Lilley [Wayne Swan]. He has got to be Gilligan."

Sadly, the Treasurer was called to order before he could go on, leaving three cast-members unaccounted for. The Herald contacted Costello and asked him to fill in the blanks. He decided Simon Crean would play the millionaire Thurston J. Howell III, and Jenny Macklin was a natural as his wife, Eunice "Lovey" Wentworth Howell. And Ginger Grant, the breathy, red-headed movie star? Julia Gillard, of course.

http://blogs.smh.com.au/sit/archives/2006/10/a_tale_of_a_fat.html

Continued in Question time again today.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol reminds me of a tele article a few years ago, where Stello was harping on about his love for 'Get Smart' and its parallels with life's struggle between chaos and control...
Maybe that's the change we can hope for. Instead of Howard's revival of the golden 50s, we can get the care-free 60s without the social change and hippies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)