Question (1 Viewer)

fuzi

HSC
Original Poster said:
Might be a stupid question but do you get more ATAR points for doing a subject by distance ed?
Im not 100% certain but I don't think you would get additional ATAR points. However, certain unis or institutions might award you adjustment points for your selection rank when it comes round to applying for those sorts of things, but you'd have to look into that more through UAC or individual institutions. As far as your actual ATAR tho, I don't think it would it change cause of distance ed

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
If you are referring to the actual ATAR that a student receives after successfully completing year 12, then no. Subjects taken through distance education are treated the same way as any other mode of delivery (such as a student's home school). Based on this, favourable performance is the only way through which a subject can make a positive contribution to a student's ATAR, irrespective of the mode of delivery.

If you are referring to adjustment factors (bonus points) that are applied to a student's selection rank as part of their application to university, then this may depend on the institution (although I believe that it is unlikely, for the same reason outlined above). I am not aware of any scheme that offers adjustment factors if a student took a subject through distance education. Schemes that offer a particular amount of bonus points commonly do so on the basis of favourable performance, for instance, band 5/6, band E3/E4 in specific subjects (again, irrespective of the mode of delivery) and/or whether the student lives/attends a school in a designated region. Of course, if you believe that adjustment factors may be beneficial to you and wish to know whether there are institutions that offer those in relation to subjects taken through distance education, it would be a good idea to contact institutions regarding this directly.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)